Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my egr was faulty so it wasnt allowing my car to regenerate

put a new one in which cleared the management light

i have filled up the fluid. the additive pump works. you can see on planet it sees the fuel cap sensor going on and off

anyway the question. i noticed on the way to work the fans were running again. went into planet and it said max amount of aborted regens reached

so the question. if i stop the car with the fans running does that mean the car has failed or does it just carry on doing it

both my counters are set at 0 still why is this.

planet shows a regen 77kms ago and the average over the last 3 regens is 44kms :eek:

i have no other faults whatsoever.

S

·
0 Posts
Have you tried a forced regen via planet to see if it completes?

I've never been into the options or seen one done but I've heard its quite scary watching the car rev the crap outta itself for a while!

Disclaimer : Apparently its advisable not to do a forced regen in planet, but if you do, make sure your car is in good shape!

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
right did 400 miles this weekend. heard the fan on an awful lot

problems im having
- both counters on planet are set at 0 still. there not counting up for some reason
- says regen over the last 5 cycles is 26kms :eek:
- says last regen was 51 kms ago
- filter load is still 18% same as when i brought the car 2 months ago

i filled up a litre of fluid. additive pump works fine

no faults on the car whatsoever. fuel cap works.

it showed a fault of amount of aborted regens reached. after my trip at the weekend that has cleared and not come back

im pulling my hair out as it sure this is affecting my fuel as its pretty crap for a 1.6 diesel

the car itself runs fine. i have filled up at least 3 times since i clicked replace particulate filter when i topped up the fluid

any ideas i cant find any tips looking through planet

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Sounds like it was doing a regen when you stopped. My 407 kept doing that but no faults were showing and the system was well maintained. The thinking was the dpf was due for replacement but since i changed the BSI and ECU Etc. due to a faulty anti theft system, it no longer does it, (also no steering wheel shake either now on acceleration, or cruise drop out)

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
planet still thinks its regening every 30 kms.

i put 60 quid on diesel. did 260 miles at 70mph with cruise control. managed 410 miles. thats 42mpg

what ever is the problem its ruining my economy. i feel a drill coming out

theres no faults in planet whatsoever i even brought a egr valve to help it regen even though its blanked off

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

can anyone shed any light. the car fans were not running when i got home and im sure my 7 mile trip wasnt enough to completely regenerate anyway

the counters are both at 0 since i filled the dpf fluid they have moved since over a month ago

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
not really it was pretty crap before.

i topped up the fluid a few weeks ago.

i filled up with fuel today. the cap senses when its removed and put back on.

the additive pump seems to work as you can hear it when you try on planet.

my aborted regen fault has gone now.

confused.com

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
does anyone know how often the counters go up ?

is there a set number the counters should be at?

no regens last few days and the aborted regen has gone out. but counters still at 0

1 - 13 of 13 Posts