Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last few months I have been keeping a note of when my 2.0 hdi has been doing a regen, and sure enough every 370 miles it did, until this time it now done 450 miles without one. The only difference is within this cycle I did a 200 mile airport run and also an abs fault appeared.
I have been researching the regen intervals but have had conflicting info. Does anyone have any knowledge on this? And wether a continuous abs fault would affect regens, befor I get it put on planet.
Thanks Steve.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
If you've experienced a longer period between regens, especially after a longer run out, that suggest to me that the car is being driven correctly (ie. motorways) and the system is working correctly.

ABS shouldn't be affecting regens, unless it's affecting your speedo readout. Cooling system and glowplugs will affect regens, so that may be worth looking into if you've got any concerns

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
My 407 hardly ever regens as 95% of my travelling is on the motorway, so assume that the burn off is done naturally by high gas temps in the exhaust due to high motorway RPM, not by forced regen.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Regens are variable but if you do a lot of motorway runs as above it wont need a regen it will keep itself clean naturally regen average on a poorly used vehicle about 200 miles to 300 miles.

Acar that sees regular proper use may only regen every 5-600 miles it really is down to driving style more than anything else.

ABS fault would not stop it

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers all for the info, feel abit more at ease now that the car could be doing something right rather than going wrong. Just abs sensor to sort must be a front one cos sat nav still works, when the rear one goes the satnav goes nuts, been 7 months without the double bong on startup, that's a record for this car.

·
Registered
852 Posts
How do you know the car is doing a regen other than just noticing the "signs" rwb says?

I have driven for 2500 miles and haven't noticed anything? :confused:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On mine the door mirrors get hot and if you go to the back of the car exhaust fumes smell like burning bitumen��. Also mine judders on deceleration and sometimes missed on initial acceleration but I think that's just mine looked into it and I possibly have a leak on a pressure sensor, other than that put it on planet I think it tells you on there, but not being a planet owner maybe someone who is can enlighten you more.

·
5,071 Posts
How do you know the car is doing a regen other than just noticing the "signs" rwb says?

I have driven for 2500 miles and haven't noticed anything? :confused:
I've had 407's for 11 years and can only say I've only 'spotted' one definitely

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

·
5,071 Posts
I put an LED across the mirror heater so I have a regen warning lamp
Your cars upside down Richard lol

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
Mine does it on every 350km if in 100% city driving. When on i do most on open road motorway it does it like 700+

I did but a led on mirror, and i notice justa slight rev oscillation on idle and sound of the engine changes its a bit more, mechanical, i guess pumpf is running overtime

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just a quick update on my original post, the cars not broke, inline with the brilliant information from people on here, it did a regen today at 560 miles, exactly 200 miles later than my usual journeys after doing a 200 mile motorway trip, so if you were doing constant motorway driving it would not regen very often, as stated by people in earlier posts.
Thanks for all the input and sound knowledge.I will be making sure she gets a good motorway run at least once a month,cheers.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just a quick thought.
I was thinking about the regen process.
My understanding is, The DPF is there to filter out all the nasty crude that is produced by the burning of diesel , this waste is stored in the filter until a regen is triggered and all the waste stored is blown out the exhaust in one go!!
Is there any advantage to this, or is it just a way of blurring emition stats??
There is no science behind my writing just my thinking.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
motorway run not half as much fun as an Italian tune-up though. :D
I agree,never been to nz but a mate just did a bike trip around it and roads look great for it, got similar roads here in wales but someone went mad with the speed cameras so would get a bit expensive.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
When it regens, it burns the DPF trapped smoky black crud the car produces under cold conditions/load/hard acceleration etc into something far less objectionable. Sort of like what an incinerator does. How much better this burned off stuff is probably only visual - what you cant see must be good.... :thumb:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts