Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am getting desperate here. Anyone a Peugeot mechanic who's brain i seriously need to pick. I know about cars and I am stumped.. Basically my problem is this:
Pug 207 2008 1.4 8v Petrol 68000 miles.

So I have
Changed thermostat housing and thermostat twice keeps blowing
out with pressure, thermostat switch, oil switch, sparks, coil, and my car still not running right, hey don't get me wrong it drives a dream and engine sound sweet and no masses of white smoke, but i have a wee issue.
It has the milky residue in oil tank, it either loses water out exhaust while running or holds it so much that the pressure ( even though not a pressurised system) once not running does not return to max level and if i leave it hours and days when i open resoviour tank it basically burst open in my face. Its had the sniff test and the liquid goes from Blue to Green which means there is a mix of petrol and oil i assume somehwere, so I've have had 5000 oh its this, oh its that, have u tried this, oh I'll do this for u from mechanics and garages and still busted. So my question before I spend anymore money on a car thats now worth 50p!!! What is the issue is it an air block or the cylinder head as I aint willing to spend 200 quid for them to strip it at a garage for them to phone me and say oh its this and then hit me with a 2grand bill and it still doesn't work and I've no option but to pay them so they can put it back together... Please please please help as I love my car she is on beautiful condition and well looked after. Please help a pug lover ??

Attachments

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Sounds like you have a head gasket issue or a cracked head either way its not a cheap fix

Head needs to be removed and either new gasket or gasket and head sometimes its cheaper and quicker just to replace whole engine with a used good one !

·
Registered
56 Posts
i have changed a few HG on these 1.1 and 1.4 and never had a problem with the
head.i just change the gasket and bolts.
its a good time to do the belt ,bearing and w pump.
swap the engine and if the HG as not been changed ,go back to go.

·
Registered
875 Posts
indeed sounds like hg, coolant goes to cylinders and gasses go to coolant, can build up quite a pressure, had a car once that split the header tank.

get quotes, garages and mobile mecs, you may need the head skimmed but i would think a 300-500 quid job, the 8v is easier job.

dont think i would be swapping the head unless damaged or wont take a skim.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts