Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys

Dont know how many of you have thought or actually done it, but I bit the bullet and started to refinish the silver dash bits.

As with much of the Pug, all the bits fall off easily... with just 4 screws holding the dash center bits on.

I got fed up looking at several scratches on the console and a few on the driver door handle.

I have also refinished the door switch/grab panels too, as that rubbery paint they get done with at the factory is really pants.

I used my favourite epoxy based paint... great finish and so very hard wearing once it has gone off. Shame the factory had a fire and they are makimg no more (PJ1).

One thing - when sanding the bits with 1000 grade, I was astonished as to how little paint was actually on there.. talk about cost cutting... if you opened your window on a windy day I am sure the paint would fly off...

David

·
Registered
184 Posts
abcd050 said:
这是新加的空白文章31,可以在ubb可视化编辑器中,添加和修改文章内容。
Bloody good point, can't believe I've been doing that wrong for the last 20 years, LMAO

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PJ1 are still going strong. I use vast quantities of various different PJ1 paints and products restoring motorbikes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
chopper1192 said:
PJ1 are still going strong. I use vast quantities of various different PJ1 paints and products restoring motorbikes.

Yes, PJ1 are around, but they now only make black paint apparently...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
...And silver engine case paint, including an OE match for 60's and 70's jap bikes, clear heat and solvent resistant lacquer etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.