Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have the 2L hdi which was 110 but had the dpf removed and remapped so is now 136HP.
Recently however, while I've been accelerating it was slower than usual off the mark, then suddenly just kick in. I suppose the best way to describe it is the turbo doesn't kick in straight away...... then bang!
No lights on the dash.
Don't know if the dpf removal has anything to do with it.
It has had a fuel filter change recently.
Thanks all.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hi all, I have the 2L hdi which was 110 but had the dpf removed and remapped so is now 136HP.
Recently however, while I've been accelerating it was slower than usual off the mark, then suddenly just kick in. I suppose the best way to describe it is the turbo doesn't kick in straight away...... then bang!
No lights on the dash.
Don't know if the dpf removal has anything to do with it.
It has had a fuel filter change recently.
Thanks all.
I had a similar problem and it was the MAF. Try unplugging it, mine never gave any warning lights but when unplugged the symptoms remained the same. I got one from Eurocarparts.

·
6,000 Posts
Its worth checking the vac pipes for leaks etc and also worth disconnecting vac pipe from vac pump and squirting a little oil into the pump in case the valve is sticking and last option swap turbo boost solenoid with one of the other ones to see if that is the problem

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unplugged the MAF before I set off from work tonight, and the power was back. Looks like it was the sensor so I will trawl fleabay tonight for a new one. Any recommendations?.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Unplugged the MAF before I set off from work tonight, and the power was back. Looks like it was the sensor so I will trawl fleabay tonight for a new one. Any recommendations?.
I would imagine most people will recommend the original part from Peugeot or the Bosch/Siemens equivalent. I put one in from Carparts4less and so far it has done 10k miles without problems (touchwood etc.). I know one of the garages I use will only fit OEM parts as they are more reliable and there's less chance of the customer returning.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
U get what u pay for I suppose. Noticed they go for about £25 on ebay, is OE much more expensive?

·
Registered
147 Posts
It's a minefield
https://www.micksgarage.com/d/air-flow-meters/Peugeot/Peugeot-307/307-Estate-2002-to-2007/2-0-HDI-110-107-1997/products
https://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/car-brands/spare-parts-peugeot/307-sw-3h/16615/12906/mass-airflow-sensor-airflow-meter.html#10110

I've used Mick's garage before but you can see they aren't always the cheapest. The second site isn't UK based even if they say they are (probably German) and take 3 weeks to send stuff. I've no idea what peugeot themselves would charge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts