81 - 100 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
hi everyone,

@gazbe1975
does it work on a 5008 2017?

thanks
I would say that the method to connect to the car would work but for the settings on a different model, I am not sure - maybe ask other 5008 owners? if you send me a PM with your email address i can forward the instructions then it's up to you

·
Registered
67 Posts
no, need to do it on an individual basis otherwise you could cause damage to programming of car, that's what i got told by guy who sorted mine

·
Registered
25 Posts
To my understanding from all what I have read, there is a chance that there is no need for individual basis, just get the necessary files on a USB and reboot the system? Would that be correct? But to reboot the system some how you gotta connect to it to make commands. Anyways; I am quite curious about this if there is an easy way around this.

·
Registered
67 Posts
To my understanding from all what I have read, there is a chance that there is no need for individual basis, just get the necessary files on a USB and reboot the system? Would that be correct? But to reboot the system some how you gotta connect to it to make commands. Anyways; I am quite curious about this if there is an easy way around this.
From helping others, I would suggest that you do it based on your own car otherwise it could possibly "brick" your car. If you want the instructions then send me a private message & I can email them to you

·
Registered
25 Posts
Quick question on the below themes. Theoratically from the codes we may activate the below (Peugeout) themes only. Has anyone done other then the Redlight and the Warmlight ones? Can we activate all the Peugeout themes?

displayHarm_1Theme GRAPHIC (Peugeot)
displayHarm_2Theme ELLIPTIC (Peugeot)
displayHarm_3Theme CUBIC (Peugeot)
displayHarm_4Theme REFLEX (Peugeot)
displayHarm_5Theme GRAPHIC (Citroen)
displayHarm_6Theme SQUARE (Peugeot)
displayHarm_7Theme ESSENTINEL (Citroen)
displayHarm_8Theme REDLINE (Peugeot)
displayHarm_9Theme WARMLIGHT (Peugeot)
displayHarm_10Theme Name?
displayHarm_11Theme Name?
displayHarm_12Theme ESSENTINEL oder AMETHYSTE (DS)
displayHarm_13Theme RUBIS (DS)
displayHarm_14Theme C-RED (Citroen)
displayHarm_15Theme BLUE CUBE (Peugeot)
displayHarm_16Theme SAPHIER (DS)
displayHarm_17Theme C-BLUE (Citroen)
displayHarm_18Theme Name?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Apparently if you try to activate non Peugeot themes then it can cause issues with the display

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was able to do it thank you for all your help. I got all the themes other then 9-7-5. The non car themes seemlessly workıng but the shortcuts overlap eachother so I wıll only choose to use them ıf I am bored from the others. If anyone ınterested I can post pıctures of the non 308 themes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mr Beau why you deleted my manual?

This method was tested on PL forum, on RU forum and its know in internet, for example on gpspower forum or forum-peugeot. Its simple way to add something for free to your car.

There was nothing to download from russian site. It was a link to original manual.

I will try to explain it in simple words:
1. somebody from peugeot or magnetti (which is manufacturer of smeg hw) forgot to disable telnet
2. Dimitry from C4 forum ru found the way to connect via telnet to smeg
3. This method simply copy YOUR (not from internet) files from your SMEG to usb stick
4. then you can edit data on your PC by YOURSELF, AT YOUR RISK and send it again to your SMEG.
5. Radio have a user_data and user_data_backup folders. If you put something wrong (for example checksum), smeg use backup config. But if you enable theme from citroen in peugeot, your smeg can show you buttons in not standard places or for example 5 buttons on the same position. Thats why i wrote this information.

So, please recover my post or give me approval for add it again here. Below is a picture from today - its my car with theme redline/GTI:

@Stubbo: i cannot answer for your PM, because I have less than 20 posts but If you need to find my manual, I can send it to you via mail. Please send to me next PM with your e-mail.
Hi there, can you PM me the instructions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
What can be changed with this method- depends on smeg version - for example:
  • bluetooth name of car
  • themes
  • you can add rear camera and configure lines
  • add buttons for example tire pressure control (of course, if you dont have module it will not work but button will be active on your SMEG)
  • activation of carplay/mirror
  • deactivation of AM radio
  • activation of DAB
  • many more features.

What is not possible:
  • vin change - is stored in two form - one is a ascii notation, second one is encrypted. If you change it in ascii, after some restarts, old vin will be loaded again.
  • this method is not working, if you have SMEG +I / IV2 with firmware 6.2 or higher - option internet sharing via bluetooth is disabled.
Hi there, can you PM me the instructions? [email protected]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can someone help me ?
Send me the instructions pls.
And i need help to activate android auto and mirror link with this method pls

Edited out email address.....never give out your email address.

Admin

ty

·
Registered
67 Posts
hi there... i tried everything like the turkish video but when i try to convert the file to .gz file on cmd the file just dont end on "up_config.sqlite.gz" so i can rename/delete the extension... any help?

i used this line: gzip.exe -n -6 C:\Users\Bruno\Desktop\up_config.sqlite

edit: already got the theme working! the tutorial really WORKS! ... now i want to know if its possible to change on a 208 allure (year 2019)
@brunolift - I would appreciate it if you didn't try to profit from people by sharing the information I gave you for free & charging them for it!
I helped you & others so that we could add themes to our cars, without asking for anything in return except maybe a thanks but to try to charge them is very sneaky & totally unjustified.
I have proof if you deny it!!

81 - 100 of 114 Posts