Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this stuff any good, does it work. Just picked up a bottle for hdi 307. It says on the bottle, put half bottle into full tank. I am half full, would it be ok to stick a quarter bottle in.

G

·
Pug strenuously recommend this type of stuff isn't used in the common rail diesel engines, although plenty of folk do, and there have been some failures allegedly attributed to it.

If you drive a half decent mileage, use decent fuel and know how to work and engine properly (ie, not crawl around at 30mph in 5th like my ex wife used to), then there's little benefit anyway.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
why is driving 30 in 5th bad.

G

·
lemonjelly said:
But this is what those so called economical bods say to do :confused:
Its typical do-gooders saying that, its good for their cause but not for other causes

I'll use the smoking ban as an example... great for those who dont want to sit in smoke in the pub, however its now single handedly killing the pub industry off!

Think of it in that sense! :lol:

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not sure Studdo, my dad is a great driver, been driving since he was 8, and this is how he drives.

G

·
lemonjelly said:
But this is what those so called economical bods say to do :confused:
The government has had to over simplify the message in order to make it understandable to the population, that it has also lost some accuracy in the translation.

for example, my olde 107 at 30mph was turning more revs in 3rd than it was in 4th at that speed, but used less fuel because the engine was under less load and the throttle butterfly was open proportionatly less.

It also gave much, much better fine throttle control, and is much safer accordingly.

G

·
Can of worms officially open! :D

Anyway just to stay on topic, have used redex a few times in various cars (apart from my HDI) and i've never noticed even the slightest hint of difference!

Edit: actually, my wallet became slightly lighter each time now i think about it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts