Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I have noticed a very slow drip onto my driveway of a clear red tacky fluid from a unit under the rear nearside of my 3008 Exclusive HDI 5 Door Automatic 1560cc (2011) Diesel. The picture below were taken from the offside.
The drip is forming at the bottom of the grey clip on cover.
Old picture links now removed but thumbnails are upside down(?).

Attachments

·
6,304 Posts
Pictures will not load if from just in front of near side rear wheel could be possible split bag or damaged tank for Eolys fluid.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks windy1603, you are right, it is the dpf fluid reservoir. Is there a way to 'tighten up the seal or is the unit dying. I have had no error message yet.
I'm trying to link the photos from my 'google photos' account without success. Can anyone recommend a better hosting site that works with forums other than Photobucket.

·
6,304 Posts
I have not seen a 3008 tank on my old 307 there was no unions etc only two molded hose connectors. If you can post last 8 digits of VIN we maybe able to see if there are replaceable parts on servicebox

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
125 Posts
"Can anyone recommend a better hosting site that works with forums other than Photobucket."

do you have a dropbox account? if not try tinnypic

Ralph:cool:

·
Registered
419 Posts
I was not aware that Eolys is red, isn't it blue?

The red color is the automatic gearbox oil, so you might want to check that ASAP as the gearbox will be destroyed if the isn't enough oil.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone. Now I know what the unit is I have been able to research it more. It appears to be the DPF fluid bag leaking from inside the unit.
I will go and get a quote to replace it. No warning flashing up yet so possibly no need to reset cpu.
How easy is it to do the bag swap? Is it a simple remove and replace?

·
6,304 Posts
Bag swap is quite easy but you will need to get counters reset a some point as it will still think it has original part used bag in place.

I think the aftermarket fluid can be blue but most oem is red brown in colour.

Worth looking on Ebay etc as sometimes you can pick up cheap bags on there. I got a original 3ltr refill kit for my ds5 for around £90

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As usual, any car I own doesn't seem to have a Haynes manual available :(
More research needed to do the job. Youtube trawling on the horizon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts