Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Can anyone advise on suitable spark plugs to get for a 2002 Pug 206 1.1 LX? I don't need performance spark plugs, but I have been advised before (for my Mini anyway) to steer clear of the NGK spark plugs and to go with the slightly more expensive, but worth it, Champion plugs.

Does this still apply to Peugeot engines?

Cheers,
Picco
:thumb:

G

·
For regular plugs as opposed to posh platinum jobs, I only use NGK or Nippon Denso. Most bike manufacturers specify NGK or denso from new, and if they can cope with massively high output engines designed to rev to 16,000 RPM or more they'll be ample good for a relatively low revving car. Wouldn't touch Bosch, Champion or OE Pug with a bargepole (OE pug are made by a variety of manufacaturers, so you never know for sure what you'll get). In fact, from 23 years experience there isn't a Champion product I would buy, from plugs to filters and wiper blades.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, thanks for the advice.

Does anyone know where I would find the spark plugs on the engine? I open the bonnet this morning and I didn't spot them straight off.

In my Mini they are at the front of the engine, and relatively easy to change. Does anyone have any instructions to change these?

I don't have a Haynes manual unfortunately.

Cheers,
Picco

1 - 6 of 6 Posts