Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a high mileage 307 2.0L HDI 90hp 133,000 I was recommended 5w 30 Fully synthetic C2. Although this is the recommended oil for this car isn't this a bit thin for a high mileage diesel?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok cheers I'll stick with that oil. The problem now is the last time (first for me since I bought the car from my sister) I changed the oil around 4000 ago I used 10w 40 semi synthetic as advised by that motor factor at the time so I hope it's done no damage :(. The engine isn't using oil so I assume it's still a good un.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I tend to just stick to the correct grade, and spec. Other than that. I use any brand. For cars and motor bike. I find it's just best to do regular changes, with filters.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
You can quite safely continue to use 10/40 - in fact its a grade range which is mentioned in the cars handbook.

Don't be suckered into forking out for synthetic oils for that engine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes like you I have always kept the oil clean in all my cars and bikes with regular oil and filter changes. It really is just common sense. There are a lot more types of oil around these days though. Anyway now that the question I asked has been answered i'll get on with the oil change tomorrow, weather permitting.:)

D

·
0 Posts
The correct oil for this engine is Total Quartz 9000 5w40. C2 5w30 not needed as your car has no particle filter.

·
5,863 Posts
I have a 2.0 110 FAP with 179K on the clock and use Mobil 1 0W/40 Diesel Oil and have minimal oil consumption less than 1/2 Ltr in the 12K between services:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
windy that's bloody good for 179k and it give me hope for my 133k engine. Mine doesn't seem to using oil either but I only do around 4k between oil changes so i can't say what it would be like after 12k + I've only had the car for 9 months.

As for the oil I've used, I have checked Haynes and it's in the range of usable oils so bugger it. I'm not going to worry.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts