Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Has anyone got any recommendations for key cutters around Southampton?

I bought a new key from ebay, with the plipper, transponder and a blank blade, but need the blade cutting - i'm looking at getting a planet kit as it seems to be a worthwhile investment, and am interested in the data I can get from the car.

I went into Timpsons today, and they would only sell me a fully cut and coded (likely cloned) non central locking key for £55. Before I bombard all key cutters & auto cutters, I wondered if anyone local had anyone they could recommend? I only need to blade cutting, nothing doing with transponder....

Thanks

G

·
0 Posts
I know its a bit of a trek, but I used a local company in Bournemouth who did a new key for my wifes Picasso, when she snapped it in the door lock, for £19. This was using the old transponder chip and the key was supplied from scratch :thumb:

£55 is far too much for a non-remote key - £25 tops.....

Timpsons are a sort of franchise, so not all of them do the car key coding...

·
Registered
38 Posts
I know its a bit of a trek, but I used a local company in Bournemouth who did a new key for my wifes Picasso, when she snapped it in the door lock, for £19. This was using the old transponder chip and the key was supplied from scratch :thumb:

£55 is far too much for a non-remote key - £25 tops.....

Timpsons are a sort of franchise, so not all of them do the car key coding...
For not much more you can get a genuine peugeot key

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For not much more you can get a genuine peugeot key
I agree....I wasn't considering paying £55 to Timpsons, don't worry!

I'll give the lot in bournemouth a go maybe....found a site too, from a auto key place that I'm considering trying - about £10 including the blank, which doesn't seem too bad.....send them a photo of the key is enough apparently!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts