Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to start taking care of my car properly, servicing and repairs, I'm just an inexperienced car diy'er at the moment but want to improve...

Can anyone reccomend a reasonably priced hydraulic jack. Would i need stands as well for particular jobs?....any particular brand of jack to buy? What

I also need to buy a good torque socket wrench kit.., any recommendations?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Halfords do a set with 2 tonne trolley jack, axle stands and a creeper for £45. Search for "5 piece lifting kit". You could get it when you go to collect your car :thumb:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
if you know anyone with a halfords trade card get them to go with you and get a good discount on there own branded tools the price you can get the tools with a trade card discount is really good plus lifetime warranty on halfords tools is bonus, was in the other day and got brake fluid 5L for £10 and they sell a 1L for £10 just shows you what they make,

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
I have said Halfords kit. Good job only the full reach of the jack is about 10mm shorter than the full reach of the axle stands! Have a short bit of wood handy!:lol:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
any other advice about the best hydraulic jack to buy, can they be a risky thing to buy, how safe are halfords kits??

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
any other advice about the best hydraulic jack to buy, can they be a risky thing to buy, how safe are halfords kits??
I have complete faith in my halfords kit! I'm under the car all the time using it. Comes with wheel chocks and axle stands so no bother.

also, is there a socket wrench kit that comes for a torque wrench, for a decent price?
I have a cheap and nasty socket set out of halfords. The ratchets are crap but the sockets are ok. I just bought a Draper Expert torque wrench for £22 (3/8" drive) and use the cheap sockets. No bother so far!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts