Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to the forum.
I've recently just purchased a 307 hdi 90 2 litre
I bought it knowing about a few niggly problems which I've sorted some of.
I've managed to sort out the horn not working and the Indicator over flicking.
I've got the car booked in to a garage tomorrow to have my Abs sensors cleaned.
The car has 98000 miles on the clock and seems to be running fine. I still have a few problems I hope you guys could help with.
My radio only seems to tune into certain radio stations and can't access others is this a common problem?
My temperature readout next to the clock constantly reads 49 degrees how do I correct this?

I'm also wondering what servicing I should do, the car seems to have problems starting when it's cold so I believe a diesel additive would be good for this does anyone have any reccomendations?
I also seem to have a problem with a flat spot when setting off is this affected by anything?
To help the mpg I'm thinking of having a service but I don't know what air filter and oil to use what would you guys recommend.
Thanks for reading this I hope you can help out :)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
first of all welcome to the forum! :)

i would do basic service change oil and fuel, air, oil filters.

try some millers ecomax diesel fuel treatment see if that helps your flat spot after 150miles you should notice something,

if you still have it then unplug your MAF sensor and see if it feels better if it does you need a new MAF sensor but try the service first

·
11,731 Posts
Welcome aboard. The ABS sensor fix isn't too difficult to do yourself - you just need a jack, wire brush and a small box file (in extreme cases), so I hope they don't rip you off.

If they claim it needs new sensors or an expensive ABS unit, get a second opinion from one of us first:

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/general-discussion-2/how-contact-member-peugeot-planet-diagnostic-28190/

CMAX's tip about the MAF is a good idea, although sometimes it doesn't make a difference, even though the MAF is still faulty - this was the case with my 2001 307.

The temperature issue is probably a dodgy sensor. Its mounted at the bottom of the passenger door mirror.

Other than that, regular oil and fuel filter changes, maybe the replacement of the paper air filter with a K&N panel one, and regular use of Miller's Ecomax diesel additive and this engine will run forever.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ABS sensors

Well I've just got the car back from the garage he's given them a clean for me for 15 pound which I think is reasonable. However the abs light and fault warning are still popping up. He said this might clear up in the next few days. How long does it normally take for the fault light to go off?
I've just bought some millers. Would you wait till the tank is empty to put the additive in or do it with what I have in at the moment I have just over a quarter of the tank done

·
Registered
171 Posts
Myself and DavexISO have replied in his tutorial thread about this, in short the warning lights should go out as soon as you start driving. You may need to do the washer thing described at the end of step 3 in his tutorial. I needed washers on two or three of mine to fix all errors

·
11,731 Posts
He said this might clear up in the next few days. How long does it normally take for the fault light to go off?

I've just bought some millers. Would you wait till the tank is empty to put the additive in or do it with what I have in at the moment I have just over a quarter of the tank done
What a chancer. Cars don't "get better" a few days later like humans.

Get your money back, get the system diagnosed by one of us then get them cleaned properly (assuming they need cleaning and its not a dirty fuse).

Its an instant fix, lights should go out immediately if the problem has been fixed, and won't return if done properly.

As for the Millers, put in a dose when you fill up the tank fully. If its the first time put in a double dose.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well im off to get it diagnosed tonight, when I get a print out of what it says ill post on here and see what everyone thinks of it.
Its costing me a tenner but im not too fussed, better than paying 40 at a garage.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PP2000 Check

Right guys,
Ive had the check done cost £5 which i think is reasonable better than a £40 quote.
Now it returned with two errors one I knew about the other not so much so.

The first fault was a instrument panel fault. regarding the oil temp info. it says incorrect value received.

The second fault is the ABS or ESP ECU.
Its a permanent fault rear right wheel speed sesor. Coherence.

At least I know which sensor is the problem now. I think im gonna try the washer trick and if not that. Im going to take it to see if the wiring is dodgy or the sensor is naff.

Does anybody have any advice in regards to the two faults?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Try the washer trick and whilst your there disconnect the electrical connector for the sensor that's in the wheel arch and make sure its clean. The fact that it shows a coherence fault rather than open circuit suggests to me it not a wiring fault but is a sensor fault (which will probably be fixed by using a washer to move the sensor closer to the ring in the hub). Once you've done this go for a short drive and see if the ABS error clears (I assume you are getting ABS light and ABS fault showing on display in car).

Not sure about the oil temp fault sorry.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeh im getting the ABS light and the fault appearing on the display, hopefully the washer will be the thing that fixes it.... if not as you said it looks like it might be a sensor replacement which will have to be done.

On a little side note. What kind of air filter would you suggest using on the 307. Im also wondering whether the fuel will affect the performance. I used shell diesel when i first got the car and it ran beautifully, now ive filled at tesco's it seems abit slugish?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Read lots about people preferring Shell/BP over supermarket fuel and also read that they often come from the same source, truth is I don't know! That said I do intend to switch to Shell for a while myself and see if I notice a difference.

As for air filters any known make should be fine, even a cheap clean one should out perform a premium dirty one. I may try a K&N panel in mine once I have a little spare cash and will definitely try one if I decide to get a remap.

·
11,731 Posts
You shouldn't need a washer. Cleaning the mounting point should be enough.

As for fuel, Shell is the same price as supermarket fuel round here so I use that and get great MPG and a quiet smooth running engine.

P

·
0 Posts
+1 on Shell. Penny difference between shell and supermarkets so sticking with shell. Seems to last longer, but maybe that's in my head.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Help !!!

Hi guys new to this forum malarky need some help

iv just bought the better half!!!! a 52 plate 307 2.0 hdi i believe its a 90hp
is it possible to tell if it has the dpf fitted chassis no is vf33erhsb82558157
the car runs fine for about 15 miles then esp and engine lights come on , bleep, limp mode.
had the car on ethos and it gives p1425 p0246 on engine and u1208 on abs
found a vac pipe off the turbo solenoid valve on front of engine, replaced it, took it for a run, had lots more power then 15/20mls all lights on again and same fault codes
the car came with receipts for a diesel partical filter and a catalytic converter both dated 16/4/13. the guy i bought it off said his had been robbed off the car when he was shopping. i have read thes threads and the dpf disconnection threads and would be interesting to know if this version has the dpf fitted. also the receipts are for 2 seperate items bought from different suppliers. if mine has the dpf is it not part of the cat anyway ???
anyway any help would be a good help
last pug i had was an 306 tdi which was like a aeroplane compared to this one for speed and in no way as complicated. bloody emissions.
doesnt the government know we are all gona die anyway eventually
cheers guys
Mick

·
11,731 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
cheers bud
iv pmed couple of lads up here in geordie land hopfully i can get to bittom of this
wats puzzling me is both esp and antipollution come on at same time
one is abs and one is engine management
so is one fault triggering the others doh!
car still feels flat but no way as bad as wen vac pipe was off valve
at least i now hav aturbo pressure reading on ethoslive data
88/15
so if this guy has had both the cat and dpf renewed i need to reset this on the pp2000
and also to renew diff press sensor. this is on the brake servi is it not?
the game continues

thanks again mate

·
Registered
741 Posts
+1 on Shell. Penny difference between shell and supermarkets so sticking with shell. Seems to last longer, but maybe that's in my head.
Not sure it lasts longer but always fill up with Shell or BP. The cost difference (£1.80 when you're spending £90+ anyway) between it and supermarket fuel isn't worth worrying about.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeh ive filled up with shell this morning, it was the same price as supermarket diesel as well! I only filled it half way, can I still use Millers EcoMax on a half a tank of fuel?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well using millers and shell as been great after only 30 miles I can notice a much smoother ride! I can go to an higher gear in lower revs than before! any other servicing tips you can tell me about?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts