Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
There's 2942 of these being recalled by Peugeot UK for this check / recall.

Speak to your Peugeot main dealer & get it booked in for the FOC recall work.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have not had the letter yet, but my car seems to be included. It is a significant safety recall so if I don't hear anything I will take the initiative myself.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I got the letter this morning. As said by Grumpy it is to check the ball joint tightness and apply some threadlock. It backs up what I had read on the European forums where a small number had become loose. :thumb:

I visually checked the joint and it looks secure, so I booked it in for early July when I am next in the town where the dealer is.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My car went in yesterday for the recall. I was expecting them to just add some threadlock and then re-torque the bottom swivel nuts. However, when I look, I can see that they replaced the nuts with brand new ones, so maybe mine were not to specification? :notsure:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My car went in yesterday for the recall. I was expecting them to just add some threadlock and then re-torque the bottom swivel nuts. However, when I look, I can see that they replaced the nuts with brand new ones, so maybe mine were not to specification? :notsure:

Hi Yobbs,

I was told when mine went in that if there was a problem the ball joints would be changed out. Maybe the bolts look new because the joints are new?

Grumps

·
Registered
64 Posts
Grumpy, I had another look. The bottom swivels/ball joints have not been changed (The exposed threaded part is clearly old) so all they did was replace the nuts. :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts