Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just passing on a msg. I got this morning via a text, have not been able to find much out yet. 3008 re route cable. I'm still looking on the internet. There are other recalls but the old style.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I have made a call to my other half just now, he told me the garage phoned and said it was a cable that needed rerouting? and as it is going in for it's check and mudflaps Saturday they will do this as well.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I'll phone the dealer today and arrange it's checkup.. there's a few things they need to look at.. but at least the car is keeping it's coolant :)

Reactions: Jill

·
Registered
544 Posts
I have made a call to my other half just now, he told me the garage phoned and said it was a cable that needed rerouting? and as it is going in for it's check and mudflaps Saturday they will do this as well.
So Jill, do you happen to know if this a recall for all 3008s or just certain models?

I would hope that if it's relevant to mine they'll do the rerouting before I pick it up next week

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
So Jill, do you happen to know if this a recall for all 3008s or just certain models?

I would hope that if it's relevant to mine they'll do the rerouting before I pick it up next week

Sorry have no idea, neither did my other half! I just posted it so you could check whether your cars needed it. They should phone you if it is!

https://www.gov.uk/check-if-a-vehicle-has-been-recalled Although it may not be on there yet!

·
Registered
683 Posts
I am just back from my dealer after having drive bolts replaced, mechanic said I needed to come back again for the headlight adjusters, it might be something to do with that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I will go to my dealer next week to to a factory recall "engine hood adjustments"??? Does hood can open itself while driving? :confused:
Fontie, what is drive bolts? Not familiar in technical English.:(

·
Registered
683 Posts
I will go to my dealer next week to to a factory recall "engine hood adjustments"??? Does hood can open itself while driving? :confused:
Fontie, what is drive bolts? Not familiar in technical English.:(
Hood recall is to fit bigger rubber/plastic where the hood closes to stop the hood vibrating and lifting slightly at speed, I have seen no reports of it opening itself. This is on early main land 3008's and doesn't affect UK versions.

Drive bolts my dealer said there was a service bulletin to change them to stop vibration and strange noise when pulling away, not sure if this is on all 3008's or just 1.2 auto's

·
Registered
683 Posts
The bolt replacement is only on certain cars apparently, and does not affect all 1.2 autos. At this rate Fontie we may all be making regular trips to the dealer!!
I did expect some recalls always is on any new car, my dealer did offer to pick the car up from my home and deliver it back same day for next weeks head light adjuster job, I did decline and said I'd bring it least they offered cant moan really

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Do you know if the My Peugeot app shows recalls and service bulletins relevant to the car registered on the site? If it doesn't, then it should do, because I wouldn't trust my dealer to contact me. Besides anything else, it would be a really handy way of checking without relying on them.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Do you know if the My Peugeot app shows recalls and service bulletins relevant to the car registered on the site? If it doesn't, then it should do, because I wouldn't trust my dealer to contact me. Besides anything else, it would be a really handy way of checking without relying on them.
Would be a good idea Lee, someone needs to tell Peugeot neither My Peugeot web page or app have anything about recalls.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
No, and it would be so easy to add it to the app. I checked with a dealer today and there is absolutely nothing outstanding on my car, so the different bulletin items customers are being advised of must only apply to certain cars. Maybe Peugeot get a problem reported with a couple of cars from one production line on a certain build date, and just call in that batch of vehicles as a precaution.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.