Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a call from my dealer stating that my car needed to be checked by them this week. They got a message from the factory about a possible electrical wiring to the starter without isolation.

Car: 3008 GT-Line 1,6 THP EAT6

Anyone else have had this recall?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I just received a call from my dealer stating that my car needed to be checked by them this week. They got a message from the factory about a possible electrical wiring to the starter without isolation.

Car: 3008 GT-Line 1,6 THP EAT6

Anyone else have had this recall?
Same car, Engine and gearbox, not heard anything from my dealers

·
Registered
e2008 GT 2021
51 Posts
I had a call from the dealer this morning and took the car in this afternoon. Took about an hour as its awkward to access, but all OK and no action needed.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a call from the dealer this morning and took the car in this afternoon. Took about an hour as its awkward to access, but all OK and no action needed.
Nice. Did they just look, or was it necessary to dismantle the car?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I contacted my dealer today and I was advised there are no recalls due on my 3008.

·
Registered
111 Posts
gaaboy - did they rectify your bonnet gap - i too have same problem and keep meaning to pop into my dealer for it to be looked at
yes...they need to order some staff to fix it..but I guess the gap wont disappear..they will just replace the straps to eleminate the vibration of the hood and also they mention some glue which needs to be ordered by them. BTW they automatically fixing these strap stuff on all new 3008. I have asked him that will there be a recall for that? They said no...not yet.

·
Registered
e2008 GT 2021
51 Posts
They have to remove some of the plastic covers hence it took an hour to inspect. Apparently on some cars the cable to the starter has been routed incorrectly allowing the cable to rub. Mine was fine but happy to have it checked.

·
Registered
18 Posts
thanks for the info gaaboy - i think my problem is different to yours - i have mis-aligned bonnet panel - its lower than the front grill panel - problem is it seems lower in the middle than at the edges so it its raised it will look even worse above the headlights

·
Registered
111 Posts
thanks for the info gaaboy - i think my problem is different to yours - i have mis-aligned bonnet panel - its lower than the front grill panel - problem is it seems lower in the middle than at the edges so it its raised it will look even worse above the headlights
here is the same...thats why I have visited them...and they told me that it is normal for all 3008. Its even worse when you have white car. (there is a topic about this)

Try to drive more than 130km/h combined with hard wind...you will see it is vibrating on booth sides

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
here is the same...thats why I have visited them...and they told me that it is normal for all 3008. Its even worse when you have white car. (there is a topic about this)

Try to drive more than 130km/h combined with hard wind...you will see it is vibrating on booth sides
This have not happened to my car. Maybe they have found a solution in the production line?

Yesterday it was heavy gusts so I had to countersteer every time, but the bonnet did not move even though I was driving at 130km/h.

·
Registered
178 Posts
yes...they need to order some staff to fix it..but I guess the gap wont disappear..they will just replace the straps to eleminate the vibration of the hood and also they mention some glue which needs to be ordered by them. BTW they automatically fixing these strap stuff on all new 3008. I have asked him that will there be a recall for that? They said no...not yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Had my car at the dealer this morning for the recall.

It took them about 45 minutes and my car did not have enough isolation on the cable. They fixed it and now everything should be fine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.