Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 307 2.0 hdi 110 on a 52 plate . I went out and used my rear wiper to clear the water off and it went really fast as if I used the screen wash without squirting water and I could hear a flickering clicking noise from the glovebox ( bsi /fuse or relay) . can someone point me in the right one and where it is ? thank you

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
There are 2 white clips securing the clips, you need to turn them 90deg to release the box.

It's a tight squeeze getting it out, so the best way to get at the fuses is to use a pair of long bent nosed pliers with some masking tape wrapped round the points to protect the fuses.

I'm not sure on the relay, I imagine it wouldn't be far away.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are 2 white clips securing the clips, you need to turn them 90deg to release the box.

It's a tight squeeze getting it out, so the best way to get at the fuses is to use a pair of long bent nosed pliers with some masking tape wrapped round the points to protect the fuses.

I'm not sure on the relay, I imagine it wouldn't be far away.
I am only saying that because the noise sounds like a relay clicking open and shut repeatedly and it coming from in the bsi box ?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have found out it's the bsi starting to play up . my question is if I find a second-hand bsi on the web with the same 2 big numbers and variant can I just swap them over ?

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
i have found out it's the bsi starting to play up . my question is if I find a second-hand bsi on the web with the same 2 big numbers and variant can I just swap them over ?
simple answer is no, you need the ecu and keys from the same vehicle for it to work (if they are remote keys the blades can be swapped to fit the locks)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
4,778 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bba reman can do this because the bsi they send you will be blank like a new one from the dealers and it will need programming with planet or diagbox
so if I send them mine it should still keep all the data . so I could plug straight back in the go after getting it back ?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No because they would write a virgin file to it
i spoke to Peugeot and bba reman and Peugeot said I need to find a blank bsi with my numbers as they don't make them anymore . but bba-ream said I can get one with the same numbers as mine and send it of to them to be blanked and fixed and then pay Peugeot £50 to reprogram it or send mine to them to them and it might need blanking and still need to pay Peugeot to reprogram it

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
i spoke to Peugeot and bba reman and Peugeot said I need to find a blank bsi with my numbers as they don't make them anymore . but bba-ream said I can get one with the same numbers as mine and send it of to them to be blanked and fixed and then pay Peugeot £50 to reprogram it or send mine to them to them and it might need blanking and still need to pay Peugeot to reprogram it
out of curiosity how much do bba what to blank the bsi?

i have a virgin file for that bsi so i can blank it or i can read your bsi and write to another bsi

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
£125 +£36 postage + vat that to check it and viginize it . then Peugeot £50 to reprogram it

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts