Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem with the rear wiper washer it seems to have a mind of its own as it activates the washer pump without me touching the stalk. It does this as well in the home position where the wiper shouldn't operate at all. As you can imagine it drains the washer bottle rather quickly as its using it when I don't need it. Is this a common fault?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Danny,I wouldn't say it's a common fault but I had exactly the same when I had my 307.In the end the only way that I found a cure for it was to sit in the car with the ignition on,and keep turning the switch to the rear wash/wipe on and off countless times,and this seems to have cured it.Doing this must have in some way cleaned and corrected the fault.I have since passed the car on to my daughter, and as far as I know it's still problem free.I know exactly what you mean by emptying the washer bottle.:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks is it easy to take off and will the car work without it or is it a case of not being able to use it until the unit has been fixed?

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Thanks is it easy to take off and will the car work without it or is it a case of not being able to use it until the unit has been fixed?
it is not too hard to take off and if you are sending to me for repair i am more than happy to talk you through the process of taking it off my number is 07599587119, the car will not start without a comms unit

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
it is not too hard to take off and if you are sending to me for repair i am more than happy to talk you through the process of taking it off my number is 07599587119, the car will not start without a comms unit
Thanks I will bare that in mind. I will try turning the switch on and off like Graham said if that doesn't solve it I will be in touch for help on removing the comms unit and getting it repaired by you. How long does it take usually to be repaired?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts