Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with the rear wiper on my 2005 (55) Peugeot 307 1.6HDi 110 (New grille)

When i go to the car and press the unlock button the rear wiper goes mad. If i want to use the wiper it will work either when turned on or off - as long as I switch it.

I have been told it could be a BSI problem and to try a reset - which I did - but it didnt work.

What would I need to do next? New BSI?

Thanks

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Seen this on a 206 but never got to the bottom of it , there where no fault codes thrown up ,
the solution in this case was to remove wiper and put small cap over the end and leave it off because the back wiper on the 206 and the 307 is useless.:)

To much expense to replace BSI and it maybe not cure it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have read somewhere I need to reinstall the BSI with something called Peugeot Planet - what is this?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have had the mechanic check the wiring and he says theres he can't find any problems.

I tried removing the fuse for the rear wiper - just to stop the thing going all the time - but no good - the car wouldn't start with the fuse removed. :mad:

The mechanic says he definately thinks its a software issue in the BSI

Can they reprogrammed?

C

·
0 Posts
If the BSI is at fault, it'll be because it's nacked and all the software in the world won't fix it.

There is a similar fault on the 407. You whack the plipper to unlock the mighty steed of Peugeot awesomeness, and this time the front wipers go haywire, often unco-ordinated so they wallop into each other and damage the blades. The cure on this is toi live with it (if its occasional), or if its a regular thing a new wiper ECU cures it on the 407. Its about £70 new, so not prohibitively priced though I think it then needs setting up on Planet.

Hopefully it'll be a similar cure for you, but with the 206 being more common you might find a used one.

One final thought - LED bulbs and cheapo oriental HID kits can damage the BSI on multiplexed Peugeots, so if you have anything like that fitted to your sexy steed of frenchness then the BSI may indeed now be broken.

Goodenzyluck.

Chopper.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Everything is standard - except - thinking about it - the problem started after putting the car into Peugeot for an IPOD connection to the radio.

Could it be related?

·
Registered
155 Posts
robbo990 said:
I have a problem with the rear wiper on my 2005 (55) Peugeot 307 1.6HDi 110 (New grille)

When i go to the car and press the unlock button the rear wiper goes mad. If i want to use the wiper it will work either when turned on or off - as long as I switch it.

I have been told it could be a BSI problem and to try a reset - which I did - but it didnt work.

What would I need to do next? New BSI?

Thanks

G'day Robbo,

I have had a similar problem with my wifes '02 308XSE it would do the same trick when unlocked...not always but most times...plus it would stop randomly on the screen.
What it boiled down to in my case was the proximity switch within the motor itself.
We had tried a software upgade and check to no avail, so only solution was to replace the motor....end of problem.

Cheers,
Peppipug

1 - 11 of 11 Posts