Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

My rear window wiper stutters when i use it for the first time or when i start it.........however its fine after it gives couple of wipes..

Should i get it fixed or its normal ?? Have given a spray of wd40 but no relief...

·
Registered
182 Posts
But if its faulty why does it work fine on continuous basis ?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
the rubber on the wiper gets old and hard, when its cold its even harder and just bounces on the glass, when its got a little warmer after some friction it gets better.

only other time I see on my other car was when the arm was bent.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the rubber on the wiper gets old and hard, when its cold its even harder and just bounces on the glass, when its got a little warmer after some friction it gets better.

only other time I see on my other car was when the arm was bent.
Its not bouncing...its just having struggle to wipe continuously...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ha ha...i was just questioning if any wires or motor might be faulty ? So what do i need to buy blades or entire wiper ?

Ive only ever had one whiper motor die on me, and that wiper was frozen solid on the window, so it burnt out (silly thing once you realise your mistake its too late, do they even make wipers now what detect its stuck, one you press the button there is no stopping it). another I seen snap the control arms underneath.

Try greasing the arm joins if it even has one at the back? (this is at the motor, i normaly do mine infront)
Wipers blades so cheap you can get some for 1 or 2 pound! (really like ebay)
You will need to mesuare the leanth of the blade.

Also before you spend all da money (hahha calling you out on that 2 quid).. try some lubricant in and around the arm spring. (This might also create that bounce on a dirty windshield)

This is wipe chadder

wiper bounce

Wiper vibrating

and if you forgot to put the MUSIC off lol

PS he is saying hes out becuase most people change their blades every 3 years or less lol especialy the cheap ones.

chadar and vibrating looks the same too me.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is what i have...any links where can i get one ?

·
Registered
182 Posts
this might work, dirt cheap. just verify its the correct one before you buy it. If youre not sure try halfords. They will even fit it for you. (Not sure if they charge for it, but if free its always nice to not get your hands dirty and see someone else sweat )

14'' Car Rear Window Windscreen Wiper Arm Blade For Peugeot 307 206 2000-2004 | eBay

Do remember....its cheap. so dont expect much in line of quality and its in china so will take years to get there.

the arm and wiper also under a tenner online, and uk wiper only about 5

1 - 16 of 16 Posts