Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

My rear wiper intermittently washes and then wipes the rear windscreen when driving. With no input from me whatsoever the wiper is triggered.

Is this the sign of a electrical fault developing?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have the same problem with the rear wiper/wash. It appears to relate to a fault in the switch stalk, as it's sometimes triggered when the stalk is used or knocked. It's very irritating as my washer bottle is constantly empty now! I have tried to remove the fuse for the wiper which does disable it but the fuse for the washer pump is common to the front and rear, so not really much help. I'd also be very interested in a solution to this problem if anyone knows what the cause is.

·
12,095 Posts
On the 307 there was an "auto wipe" option when reversing. If you have this option you could try turning it off.

I realise that its not doing it when reversing, but there could be some connection glitch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
+1 for me... this is not connected to any car option as I already disabled all automation of rear wiper. Probably it's connected with switch but I can't find a way to repair it without changing to a new one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have no idea ATM. According to Peugeot Service Box it's 6242 QT part. -maybe we can find the producer somewhere in the internet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry for the slow reply lads.

Mine's still doing it. Not sure why?

It's quite funny really, you'll be sat on warm sunny day and then it'll just spray windscreen washer fluid all over the boot, people in the car behind just look at you as if you're wierd. It is however extremely if you've just polished the car, cause the wash leaves a horrible water mark on the shiny paintwork!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts