Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2002 307 sw my old rear wiper did not clear the whole rear window it lifted off when it got to the top, so I replaced it with one I bought on the internet and it is even worse it only clears around the bottom.Ii'm not to savvy with cars I'm not sure if it's broken or perhaps I'm fitting it wrong, if anyone can help with this I would be most grateful.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
I have a 2002 307 sw my old rear wiper did not clear the whole rear window it lifted off when it got to the top, so I replaced it with one I bought on the internet and it is even worse it only clears around the bottom. if anyone can help with this I would be most grateful.
did you replace the arm or just the blade, it could be the spring in the arm

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I've replaced the whole wiper arm, I've seen other 307's driving around they all look fine.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Did you replace the wiper blade at the same time,if not that may be your problem.There should be a decent bit of pressure on it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I replaced both parts I bought them as one unit, to be honest I'm baffled, wish I just left as it was.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi sorry for the delay, unfortunately I got after market parts, do you think that could be the problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you think I'll need to get both parts and can you get genuine pug parts from anywhere other than Peugeot themselves, just one other thing I went to Halfords today to see if one of theirs was any better it wasn't but they tried it without the wiper and the arm was about an inch and away from glass when it got round the other side it was scrapping against the glass do think it could be the actual motor and arm coming from it, that's what Halfords suggested. Also thanks for helping with this much it's appreciated.

G

·
0 Posts
So in theory what you are suggesting is that either the spline is a bit bent, or the bolts that hold the rear wiper motor in the correct place 'may' have moved so the motor isn't flush?

Is there any movement that would indicate a slightly loose motor?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To be honest I'm not sure what's causing it, there's not much movement in the spline, but it doesn't seem to work level with the rear window which made us think it could be something to do with that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts