Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
52 plate 1.4 KFW acquired last week. I changed the rear wiper motor today as the old one had burnt out. It works but the relay isn't operating it correctly. Switching on the rear wiper clicks the relay and the motor works. It stays on for longer than it should (roughly 15 wipes) before clicking off. Thereafter, the relay does not operate again with the switch still on. When I switch the wiper off, the relay clicks on again thus wrongly operating the wiper, and continues to do so until the BSI goes to sleep after 3 minutes. I'm guessing this was why the old motor burnt out.

I've checked the two Pos and one Neg feeds which confirm the behaviour. Is there a separate relay in the interior fusebox or is it in the BSI? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I've had this issue before on a 53 plate 206 hatch back.

Check the Com2000 / stalk unit - I took the wiper stalk apart & repaired the problem.

Be warned its a complex unit, easy to damage & the car wont run without the Com2000 unit as the immobiliser runs through it!

You can always just unplug the rear wiper motor until you fix the issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had this issue before on a 53 plate 206 hatch back.

Check the Com2000 / stalk unit - I took the wiper stalk apart & repaired the problem.
Thanks. Yes, could be that. Does the Com2000 control the relay then (and where is the relay?)?

You can always just unplug the rear wiper motor until you fix the issue.
Yep, already done. :) Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts