Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Simple issue but after some advice before I plough into buying a new rear wiper motor.

The wiper a few weeks back was not functioning correctly and was not doing the full cycle wiping the whole 180 degrees and then back to the park position. It was sometimes not wiping, sometimes wiping and getting stuck and sometimes working as expected. I took the wiper arm off to notice the plastic had cracked around the spindle and was most likely not moving as the spindle was just rotating inside the arm freely.

I ordered a new arm and proceeded to fit it. However the arm is simply now not moving at all. I checked the motor with no arm fitted while I was waiting for the new arm to be delivered and I could hear the motor whirring so as far as I know the motor was not faulty. Of course I could have damaged it getting the old spindle nut off but is this likely?

I have checked fuse 2 in the BSI one (glovebox). All looks fine but replaced it anyway. Still no joy. Inside the car I can hear the relay kick in so the switch must be working but no wiper movement or noise anymore. Just out of interest I checked all linked functions which are working such as the rear washer motor and front wipers.

Any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
492 Posts
You say you have checked the motor and heard it whirring, but have you taken the plastic trim off and seen if the motor is working?

If it is not working then check to see if you are getting power (using an ammeter) to at the end of the wiring circuit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
rear wiper

My rear wiper stopped working and checked the usual stuff (fuses,electrical )

After asking a local mechanic ,He told me to try and free the spindle as water gets in and they stop working

Tried it the next day and after a while it kicked back in life .Have told a friend and he got his working too

You need to remove back cover to gain access to the spindle and using wd40 or some loose oil product .gently does it as you don't what to force it

good luck

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi guys

Thanks for the replies. Will try the wd40 method and then if not try the connector then motor.

Matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts