Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can i check to see where the issue is ?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,783 Posts
Pop the pipe off at the jet, see if the water makes it that far. Assuming you can hear the pump running that is.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pop the pipe off at the jet, see if the water makes it that far. Assuming you can hear the pump running that is.
Well i think i can hear the pump and water gushing...how to i get to the fluid supply ?

·
Super Moderator
1,783 Posts
Pop the 3rd brake light out and you should be fit to get at the pipe where it goes onto the jet. Pull it off and see if the water gets that far.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well just tried and its working fine...so looks like pump cleared itself whatever might have been blocking it...case closed !!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it is happening again...can hear pump in front but to liquid on back...can i just lift the brake light out or need to unscrew ?

·
Super Moderator
1,783 Posts
Off to the washer bottle now! I have no idea how easy it is to access, but you're going to need to get the pump off and check if it's blocked somehow.

·
Registered
318 Posts
The pump is located behind the front bumper. You will need to remove the wheel liner to get to it. Probably easiest to take the wheel off although I managed just by pulling the liner out of the way and feeling my way in. Few skinned knuckles but "whats new"

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Off to the washer bottle now! I have no idea how easy it is to access, but you're going to need to get the pump off and check if it's blocked somehow.
If front washer fluid is working i assume pump is same ?

·
Registered
441 Posts
If front washer fluid is working i assume pump is same?
Yes, front/rear is same pump spinning in different directions depending on polarity of voltage applied, shooting the fluid out different ports.
If the car has headlight wash, that's normally a separate, more powerful(higher pressure, pump.

Most common setup electrically for front/rear is to have both wires to the pump/motor connected to ground at rest. When front or rear wash is activated, one of the lines is instead (switching relay) connected to ´+12V. Which line gets +12V determines direction, and that in turn through which port the fluid is to exit.

If pump is spinning but no fluid arrives it could be a failure in the valving on the outputs of the pump (so you don't get fluid to both outputs).

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, front/rear is same pump spinning in different directions depending on polarity of voltage applied, shooting the fluid out different ports.
If the car has headlight wash, that's normally a separate, more powerful(higher pressure, pump.

Most common setup electrically for front/rear is to have both wires to the pump/motor connected to ground at rest. When front or rear wash is activated, one of the lines is instead (switching relay) connected to ´+12V. Which line gets +12V determines direction, and that in turn through which port the fluid is to exit.

If pump is spinning but no fluid arrives it could be a failure in the valving on the outputs of the pump (so you don't get fluid to both outputs).
Thanks...I am getting the fuild in front not in back...so i think i can cancel out the pump ? Its just the tank output to check i guess ?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Thanks...I am getting the fluid in front not in back...so i think i can cancel out the pump ? Its just the tank output to check i guess ?
Front wash working proves one thing, the motor of the pump (and valve bits for the front output) is OK.

If the motor runs as you select rear wash, all the wiring stuff is OK too. Then I'd say either internal (valves) fault in the pump or blocked/interrupted pipe/hose to the rear.

If not running when you order up rear wash, it can be one of the relays has failed (not flipping the switch or lost its +12V feed), or whatever is responsible for activation of the relay doesn't do its job, anything from the stalk switch to the relay - and the bus communications stuff inbetween.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Try swapping over the tubes at the pump, if the rear washer works when you operate the fronts then the plumbing is good and you have a pump or electrical problem.
It's unlikely to be the pump, worst case scenario is a faulty Comms unit. My wifes car has this problem we can live without the rear wash/wipe until another Comms problem appears.

Roger.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts