Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone new virgin peugeot owner here,307 hdi 90 estate 2002 97k, the car runs great cant fault it yet, well apart from a bit trim falling off on the drive home and the cd player only playing 5 tracks and stopping until the next day and same again (weird) anyway my problem is this. From cold i drive maybe 5-10 mins and once speed gets up i am getting a squeaking like brakes binding from the rear(pretty sure its rear) wheel or wheels. Its not a bearing noise and the noise wont dissapear if you press the brakes, they are not binding either. the only time it goes is either turning right or slow to about 10mph then increases in volume the faster you go and stays. But as i say if you take it easy from cold it wont do it until the speed builds to maybe 40-50 then it starts so obviously heating up something. Recently its had work for mot just before i bought it, springs on back new disks and pads and abs sensors, its driving me nuts as pretty loud, any thoughts or do you have a solution ?? oh please do lol Cheers :confused:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope its def a wheel as increases the faster you go, can a bearing squeak and not rumble ??

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i had this stupid squeek back on my 307... like a "ee ee ee ee ee" really annoyed me...it dissappeared at around 50/60ish.

i put it down to worn bushes or a shitty caliper. i tried that one betty said but safe to say it hurt and ill never do that again!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i had this stupid squeek back on my 307... like a "ee ee ee ee ee" really annoyed me...it dissappeared at around 50/60ish.

i put it down to worn bushes or a shitty caliper. i tried that one betty said but safe to say it hurt and ill never do that again!
Its driving me daft, cant see anything wrong but its noisy and only either turning right or under 20mph it shuts up sure its the nearside back wheel but on the jack no play and spins freely with no noise as do the rest but heat it up after wee while and eee eeee eeeeee eeeeee and no stop till you do Arrrrrgh:cursing:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not that I have the answer, but the very same fault with my 206cc. You have described it to a T, the wife wont drive it until the noise is sorted out. I took it in to Kwik Fit as I thought it maybe the Suspension, but they couldn't find any problems and suggested I took it to my main dealer. I've yet to find the time to run it a long the my nearest peugeot outlet. I am starting to think it's bush related also, but need Peugeot to confirm this.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
its perfectly safe to drive....oh wait...i rolled mine didnt i :lol: nah on another note, i think it may be a waste of however much it costs to get a diagnosis done as chances are they wont know either, im only saying that cause i can see it coming and its their mentality.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
673 Posts
Try replacing the wheel bearing.....it may have grit in the bearings or something daft. just because there no play doesn't mean its not the bearing.....bit of an expensive gamble i know sorry best i could come up with....:thumb:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i dont think it will be bearings as i had all 4 replaced when i was in the falklands also had the brake disks and pads replaced so it must be something different such as bushes or links somewhere.

one thing i havnt ruled out is a mis-shaped wheel making the suspension squeek with minute movement....if that makes sense :thumb:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Security guy stopped me 2 weeks ago when I was driving away from work. He said that he could hear my car making a weird noise when I was driving towards him and to him it sounded like a soft (deflated) tyre.

I never noticed the noise until he mentioned it and now I am aware of it.

Noise is located on the driver’s side of the car; I can't tell if it's front or rear :(

Applied breaks front and hand break while driving: No change in noise.

Took the car out of gear while driving (100 Kph) and turned engine off: No change in noise.

Breaks front and rear were replaced about 4 months ago. Tyres the month before.

The next thing I'll do is put the car on a lift and spin the wheels to see what happens.

It's worth noting that about 6 weeks ago an asshole crashed into me because he was not paying attention and also cut the corner......Parallel impact and €2,000 of damage done to the body work of my car (his insurance paid). I hope the body shop didn't fuck up when the put the wheels back on after spraying the car.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hysteria,

If the accident was on the same side as the noise and in the general area ie rear quarter area i would take it up with the repairer who worked on it to gain further authority to investigate the noise , they probably wont want to as they will have been paid and it will require supplementary authority and invoice so push for it ! :thumb:

As an aside i had irritating squeak from my Megane , was a dry rear wheel bearing , changed and said offending noise went.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have now taken the car to main dealer who took it out for a test drive, and has since been in for an inspection. They appear to have virtually eliminated the squeak with some adjustments to the exhaust rubbers. You still get an occasional squeak, but they are few and far between.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts