Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone advise me please. I need to replace a rear wheel bearing on my 307 55 reg 1.6s. I have removed the wheel and it seems that the brake disk forms part of the bearing housing. Is it just the case of removing the disk and bearing together, the press out old bearing and press new one in?
Also Can I buy a complete disk and bearing, and if so what sort of prices.

Regards
Pete

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wheel bearing

It does not say on the Europarts link that it has the bearing with it. May be I should ring them first.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
It does not say on the Europarts link that it has the bearing with it. May be I should ring them first.
Scroll down the page to product details and it clearly states....

With ABS Sensor Ring. With Bearing(s)

Brake Disc Thickness [mm] 9,0 Brake Disc Type Solid
Centering Diameter [mm] 56 Diameter [mm] 249
Height [mm] 69,2 Inner Diameter [mm] 62
Minimum Thickness [mm] 7 Number of Holes 4
Pitch Circle Ø [mm] 108 Supplementary Article/Supplementary Info 2 With ABS sensor ring, With bearing(s) Thread Size M12x1,25 Fitting Position Rear
Fitted Quantity 2

That particular one is out of stock but if you put in your reg number and let it find your car then put Brake discs in the search box at the top of the page and click on search it will show two pictures of brake discs, click on one of them and it will list all the discs. Click on more info for the disc you are interested in and the list that pops up will state if it has the sensor ring and / or bearing.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rear brake discs

Finally bought all that I need to change discs and pads on my 307 55 plate 1.6.
Just one question before I start. Do I need to remove the caliper carrier or just the caliper to remove the disc? mine have the bearing in the disc.
Regards
Pete

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rear brake disc

Thanks for the info. I have a three legged puller that should do the job if I can get behind the disc.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rear discs

Well, this job was very easy to do. Used a puller like the one in the pic. although only needed for one side and that came off with no trouble. The only problem was that the Torx 50 were very tight and could easily be damaged, which would make the job a whole lot more difficult. So I gave them about 1 min. of heat from a small blow torch, then they were easy to undo. Just re-applied some thread seal when installing them again.
Thanks to everyone who gave advice, the car sounds like a new one again.:lol:
Regards
Pete

·
Registered
179 Posts
I am always wary of companies that avoid leaving address details on their websites. It is actually a legal requirement.

So I ran 'em through a web search

They had assets of a whole £2.00 in 2011 ....see the link

CAR PARTS 4 LESS LIMITED of RG1 4QW in READING BERKSHIRE

Running the given address on street view shows nothing of consequence other than British Rail and a few retail shops there - has anyone actually dealt with these guys ??

·
5,891 Posts
Carparts4less is Eurocarparts on-line web only arm with about 30% off ECP prices :confused:

Same part no's same stock levels and often oil etc supplied in ECP bags.

and if you see right side of link above shows directors are same for ECP holding company

·
Registered
741 Posts
Back to the original topic, when I did our 307 the assembly just slid off after the hub nut was removed. The paper work with the new one suggested that was right as it aid it required no force to refit.
There are two different sizes of stub, 25mm and 30mm so you need to get the matching disc/bearing combo. Don't get the wrong ones like I did. :thumbup:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

D

·
0 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts