Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a strange problem with my windscreen washer for a few months on my 51 plate 307 XSi.

If I try to squirt the rear washer, the water comes out the front washers - and does not turn off! The car does not bother putting the front windscreen washers on - having the effect that I cant see out!!!

If you press the stalk a few times it does eventually turn the jets off.

Do you think this is a fault in the stalk? or somewhere else?

Thanks for any help

Ben

·
Registered
16 Posts
hey!
sorry, i know this is no help, but its on-subject!

my rear windscreen washers dont work at all!
when i turn them on, i can hear the noise, but no water comes out at all!

any help would be appreciated! :thumb:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi,

In answer to the lack of water in general - it would appear that the nozzel at the rear is blocked, or the pipe has come apart somewhere in the car. Run the rear wiper for about 10s and look for a puddle anywhere around the car. If you see a puddle, you have a break in the pipework. If there is no puddle, you have a blocked nozzel.

I am of course assuming that you have done the basic thing and checked the liquid level in the appropriate reservoir.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this problem on a 307 estate.It was the washer pump. There isa valve that diverts the water to the rear or front, the valve was stuck on the front. The pasrt cost 34 pounds, unfortunately it has gone again after about 6 months.

·
Registered
6 Posts
fairydoll said:
hey!
sorry, i know this is no help, but its on-subject!

my rear windscreen washers dont work at all!
when i turn them on, i can hear the noise, but no water comes out at all!

any help would be appreciated! :thumb:
try changing the fuse i had the same problem

·
Registered
16 Posts
t40nyt said:
try changing the fuse i had the same problem
what fuse would this be? :/

I can't actually see where my back washer is either! :/ there doesn't seem to be anywhere for the water to come out, even if it did work! but i know i have one, as it makes a noise! :/

Thanks! :)

G

·
Hi Guys

You are right in that there is one pump for both front and back with a diverter valve.

If no water is emerging, then I would suggest its a new pump required.

A typical problem like this happens whenthe washer has been used when its frozen... and typically the pipe will blow off the nozzle - hence the request for you to go look for a puddle around the car!

I would check the rear inside the car too, as its not always outside!

David

G

·
fairydoll said:
what fuse would this be? :/

I can't actually see where my back washer is either! :/ there doesn't seem to be anywhere for the water to come out, even if it did work! but i know i have one, as it makes a noise! :/

Thanks! :)
i assume its on your 306?

If so the water comes out of a cap located at the bottom of the wiper (has 2 holes in it)

Pop the cap up and check for rust/blockages, mine used to suffer badly from this, just used to wiggle a pin about in there and it started working again! :thumb:

its also worth trying to spray the water with the cap lifted off, if water does come out then it'll be the nozzles that are stuffed

here is what the cap looks like

http://cgi.ebay.com.my/PEUGEOT-306-...rksid=p3286.m20.l1116&_trkparms=|293:1|294:50

It wouldnt be the fuse because as you said you can hear the pump working when you try

·
Registered
16 Posts
Stubbo said:
i assume its on your 306?

If so the water comes out of a cap located at the bottom of the wiper (has 2 holes in it)

Pop the cap up and check for rust/blockages, mine used to suffer badly from this, just used to wiggle a pin about in there and it started working again! :thumb:

its also worth trying to spray the water with the cap lifted off, if water does come out then it'll be the nozzles that are stuffed

here is what the cap looks like

http://cgi.ebay.com.my/PEUGEOT-306-...rksid=p3286.m20.l1116&_trkparms=|293:1|294:50

It wouldnt be the fuse because as you said you can hear the pump working when you try
hey,
i tried poking a pin about, but still no luck! i tried it with the cap off, and nothing!! looks a bit rusty! is there anything else i could try, or would i have to get a new one? if i got a new one, how easy would this be to fit?
thanks! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rear washer comes out front and does not turn off

I took all the tape off the wiring harness and checked every wire... They all look good. Does anyone know where I can get info on how to troubleshoot the sensors and relays?

G

·
fairydoll said:
hey,
i tried poking a pin about, but still no luck! i tried it with the cap off, and nothing!! looks a bit rusty! is there anything else i could try, or would i have to get a new one? if i got a new one, how easy would this be to fit?
thanks! :)
If you are getting nothing even with the cap off then you could have a blockage somewhere else

did you try using a pin in the hole with the cap removed?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts