Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, this is my first post so hope it goes into the right place. I currently own a 307 1.6 hdi 2007 56 plate, it has started just recently to spray the rear window for a couple of seconds and then wipe, as if done by the stalk. its done it once or twice even after start up without putting it into reverse or touching anything. It hasn't done it for a week then all of a sudden tonight it done it 3 times in the space of 2 minutes whilst driving always wash first then wipe. Has anyone got any ideas could it possibly be the stalk? the car is still under warranty(recently purchased car) but if i take it in you can bet it won't do it, and they won't find fault

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply, would the motor cause it to wash first then wipe? i was wondering wether the washer was automatically followed by the wipe as if the washer was shorting. The washer squirts for about 2 seconds and wipes after 3 times and stops, same every time it does it.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Sorry my fault for not reading your full post , my answer was on wipe only ,maybe a diagnostic reading would be helpful and hope its not the comm2000 unit.:eek:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers for that, I'll get the garage to check it out then. Didn't realise that you could do a diagnostic on a wiper. Is the comms 2000 like a control/ ecu? it is under warranty so shouldn't cost me anything hopefully! I'll post back with a result which will hopefully help others.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers for that, reckon you've hit nail on head squarely. First few times I noticed it was when flicking through trip computer and today when it started having a moment one after the other was when doing alot of left and right steering and indicating obviously touching a nerve on this comm 2000 thanks again. Will let you know of diagnosis

1 - 7 of 7 Posts