Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all :)
Two questions for you...

My rear screen washer, when i twist the stalk to operate this the rear wiper takes off but it squirts the front window?????

The locks work (central locking), as soon as i open the drivers door all doors lock again, leaving all passengers with me waiting for me to open the bloody doors again!
Is this a fault or is it supposed to do it? And if its supposed to do it how do i turn it off?
I have tried the method to deactivate "auto locking" which does nothing??

Thanks in advance :)
Ade.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi, about 4-5 months.
+ the two described problems have always been there its not something that has just started.

Someone started talking to me about bi-directional washer pumps and that it may have been replaced with a single way pump at some point but im not sure what he meant.

I have not looked further into the locking as yet.

Its a 2.0 HDi (90) 2002.

D

·
0 Posts
You need a new washer motor. This happens to them. Fitted loads for this problem.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok well the front wash works on front and rear wash works on the front so that would eliminate pipes wrong way around wouldn't it?

If the pump went faulty surely that would just stop the rear wash rather than divert all washes to the front?

Is it a single washer pump with bi-directional functionality? I asking that because if it is and someone has replaced it with a unit that has no rear wash function that might cause it.

If you are 100% sure replacing the pump will sort it i will just replace it without further investigation.

D

·
0 Posts
Its didirectional. Operated by a relay at either side of the circuit.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In a few words, yes.

Sent from my GT-S5690
Ok brilliant i will order one now thanks :)

So as far as my odd locks go what do you think?
When i open the drivers door it locks the rest of the doors therefore locking my passengers out until i unlock all the doors again???
I have tried switching off auto locking but the proceedure seems to do nothing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts