Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

Managed to avoid any problems with my 307 for months, and then they all come along in one hit. Handy enough to get them out of the way in one hit I suppose.

First off, the rear drivers side tail light has developed an intermittent fault, the brake light works as it should but the tail light flicks on and off. However it works again when I push the light cluster in slightly from inside the boot. Oddly the drivers side front side light has also packed up, changed the bulb to no avail. Any have any ideas what could be wrong here, and are they potentially connected?

Secondly, the heater blower motor has also decided to stop working. Changed the resistor and even the motor itself but nothing still. Traced the problem to a dodgy plug on the wiring loom in the end. Can the plug itself be bought anywhere or have I to bite the bullet & go to Peugeot?

Finally, the clutch has begin to play up, so I'll probably just go straight for a Fast Road (Stage 1?) one instead of OE. What makes do people recommend and where to buy from?

Long winded but it's all there, and hopefully all curable. Cheers folks!

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
The light problems, you need to start at the bulb holders after checking the fuses for the one that you have replaced the bulb in. I always con check new bulbs to make sure the filament is intact before I replace it. Corrosion on the bulb holders and indeed the bulb contacts themselves are what you are looking for and also the earths. If a brake bulb is on all the time it is getting a feed from somewhere!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The light problems, you need to start at the bulb holders after checking the fuses for the one that you have replaced the bulb in. I always con check new bulbs to make sure the filament is intact before I replace it. Corrosion on the bulb holders and indeed the bulb contacts themselves are what you are looking for and also the earths. If a brake bulb is on all the time it is getting a feed from somewhere!
Cheers mate! Checked bulbs & the holders, all seem to be fine so could come down to an earth problem as you say. I worded the original post badly, should have said the brake light works as it should!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts