Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi hoping someone can help.
peugeot 508 estate 2.0 2012
I need to replace a few components of the rear suspension. Left hand side.
Rear longitudinal bar and suspension arm pictured as parts 2 and 3 in attached diagram.
is it as simple as it seems a few bolts? Any special tools/set up required after?
(I will get the tracking done)
Thanks
Lester

Font Parallel Rectangle Drawing Illustration

·
Registered
32 Posts
Its as easy as it looks, the bolts are Hex/Spline I think so make sure you have the sockets for them. Item 8 is the toe setting, so if not touching it you should be ok.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That’s great.
Am I right in thinking the bolts should be torqued with the hub at the usual ride height ?
(was going to measure distance while car is on ground and jack the hub to same distance and then tighten ?)

·
Registered
167 Posts
They might be one time use bolts. I would check with the parts dept at your local friendly dealer. :) good luck with the repair.

·
8,934 Posts
Is it because they are stretch bolts or just that they are coated with tread lock. If thread lock they can be reused with a dab of new thread lock.

·
Registered
32 Posts
This is what it states
ESSENTIAL : The "Low Friction" bolts (2), (4) are for use only once and must always be replaced. All re-use is prohibited (risk of breakage). The bolts that are removed must be thrown away.

I only changed the rear toe arms as I wanted alignment done and apparently they are prone to breaking they were very rusty, didn't replace bolts but i will get some

·
8,934 Posts
Stretch bolts from the sound of it then.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for reply. Ordered some bolts (10 day wait from France)
Do you happen to know torque setting for the 4 bolts ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
6. Suspension longitudinal arm

Figure :
6. Suspension longitudinal arm

Figure : b3db02ud
Automotive lighting Bicycle part Font Wire Cable

ESSENTIAL : The "Low Friction" bolts (1), (2) are for use only once and must always be replaced. All re-use is prohibited (risk of breakage). The bolts that are removed must be thrown away.
Reference Designation Tightening torque
(1) Bolt (Suspension longitudinal arm / Pivot) (*) 7 daNm
(2) Bolt (Suspension longitudinal arm / Body) (*) Pre-tighten to 3,3 daNm
Angular tightening : 150°
(*) Always to be replaced whenever removed

7. Lower suspension arm

Figure : b3db02xd
Automotive design Bicycle part Font Automotive super charger part Auto part

ESSENTIAL : The "Low Friction" bolts (1), (2) are for use only once and must always be replaced. All re-use is prohibited (risk of breakage). The bolts that are removed must be thrown away.
(1) Bolt (Lower suspension arm / Pivot) (*) 7 daNm
(2) Bolt (Lower suspension arm / Crossmember) (*) Pre-tighten to 5 daNm
Angular tightening : 70°

(1) Bolt (Suspension longitudinal arm / Pivot) (*) 7 daNm
(2) Bolt (Suspension longitudinal arm / Body) (*) Pre-tighten to 3,3 daNm
Angular tightening : 150°

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After some more help again….. changed some parts above so went to get 4 wheel alignment done as it’s massively out and the guy was reluctant to adjust the rear as bolt was rusty and looked like it would snap. He had a quick go at losing it and decided he wouldn’t do it. so my question how easy is it to replace the rear toe adjustment arm. Number 8 in the diagram. Can someone copy the procedure is it at simple bolt in/out job. Torque settings would be helpful too. Thanks a lot.
lester

·
Registered
32 Posts
This is the part i changed on mine as they would not adjust as they may break. Get 2 new ones adjust the length if required to match those taken off, refit then get alignment done. I will look up torque

·
Registered
32 Posts
Figure : b3db05kd
White Automotive exhaust Auto part Bicycle part Automotive lighting

ESSENTIAL : The "Low Friction" bolt (3) is for use only once and must always be replaced. All re-use is prohibited (risk of breakage). The bolts that are removed must be thrown away.
(1) Bolt - Nut (Tracking adjustment rod / Crossmember) (*) 7,5 daNm
(2) Adjustment locking screw on tracking adjustment rod 1 daNm
(3) Bolt (Tracking adjustment rod / Pivot) (*) 7 daNm

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Many thanks. 1 last thing I promise.
Was considering changing the stabiliser bushes on rear anti roll bar ? Is this simple enough. I assume if take the drop links off I can slide it over (it doesn’t split in half like some) so might be a bit more of pain. Once I’ve done this I will have pretty much changed every bit of rear suspension (apart from springs)
Thanks
Lester

·
Registered
32 Posts
The rear bushes are attached to the bar and come as one, its expensive as I actually have one waiting for me to fit along with new drop links.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The ones on the bar now are bonded to it hence replacement bar but certainly worth a try, I will take a pic of my new one so you can have a look

1 - 20 of 23 Posts