Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Peugeot 107 (2008) just failed its MOT on:
Seat belt retracting mechanism defective nearside rear (5.2.5b)
...and same for offside.
When unbuckled, both belts retract, but not fully - leaving about 3/4 inches slack. This was enough for Kwik-fit to fail the MOT. It seems very harsh - by the time I got home 10 minutes later both belts had fully retracted. So maybe it's just damp? To be honest we hardly ever use them.
So I guess I take my car to the nearest Peugeot dealer? No idea how much it's going to cost.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Appeal the test.
Or take it elsewhere for another test.

The first way will probably inconvenience you for your time, but if the Ministry official finds in your favour you won't pay for the retest.
I don't think it should fail on seat belts if they are how you say, but the tester may find something Kwik Fit didn't, and you will have to pay for the test.

Roger.

·
6,462 Posts
Appeal and report to DVSA. The MOT Manual states "Some types of retracting belt might need manual help before they retract." which i think would cover it.

If they are a bit lazy to retract the simplest solution is to fully extend belt and give it a very light spray with a silicone spray then let it retract and pull out again a couple of times this is often enough to get them working

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Appeal and report to DVSA. The MOT Manual states "Some types of retracting belt might need manual help before they retract." which i think would cover it.

If they are a bit lazy to retract the simplest solution is to fully extend belt and give it a very light spray with a silicone spray then let it retract and pull out again a couple of times this is often enough to get them working
i can second the silicone spray it works a treat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts