Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the forum but I have a question to ask and to see if I'm on my own or have other people experienced the issue and if anyone knows how to fix it.

The rear seats are the three separate ones that you can remove but when the seats are in position the seat belt alarm is randomly going off when there is nobody or anything on the seats, or empty seats with the seat belts clip in place and even with people sat in the back and their seat belts clip in place. And its not on one seat the car is ramdomly picking one any of the three.

If nobody knows of the problem does anyone know how to disconnect the alarm. I can put up with the flashing lights but the alarm does your head in after a while and you can't do anything about it.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
sounds like a wire has been damaged somewhere. if its saying any of the three then chances are its the main trunk wire for this feature.

im not sure but i think you can deactivate this alarm and light within planet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, we have suffered exactly the same experience and it is thoroughly frustrating!
After telling our Peugeot Service department, the best answer we could get from them was, "we don't know, but if it happens again please bring it in whilst it is happening." I don't know about you, but this is not entirely practical! If there are any Peugeot technical geniuses reading this forum, I would appreciate a better answer...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi Folks,
I hate my first post being a question, but I was wondering if anyone has any more info on the question posed by the OP.

I would assume that there is an RF or Wireless unit in each seat? There doesn't appear to be any other way since the seats are removable and there are no wires - the question is, how does the warning display determine what seat is what on the second row?

I have been reading the warning can be de-activated, but I would rather try a repair. If anyone has info that might be of help fault finding, please let me know, I will be sure to share any fix I come across.

Cheers, G.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All

I have the same problem, it would seem to be a common issue and an patch update from Peugeot would be great.
Its the same seat the goes off for me, he one behind the passanger seat. I reported it to the Peugeot dealer and one of the mechanics came for a drive with me but unfortunatley it didnt go off at that time and i havent had a chance to bring it back. At first I suspected that it was because i have a child seat in the back but this appears not to be the reason. Ive tried with the seat belts in and out of the clips but that doesnt make a difference either.

Any help / advise would be appreciated. :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
I haven't had time to do anything further with mine yet.

I just turned off the rear seat warning with PP.

I've since done a BSI reset, but haven't had time to turn it back on to see if its cured.

My experience of it moving across the seats, as it were, does suggest an interface / ECU problem - its unlikely that all seat sensors would fail at once. The actual sensors in the seats must be a passive RF type system of some sort.

There are no wires due to the modular seats, and no contacts that I can see, which also means whatever is in there must not be powered relying an RF / inductive field.

Any Peugeot men out there able to confirm this?

D

·
0 Posts
Is this car an SW? The system is worked wirelessly as each of these three seats can be moved to any position. There is a sensor under the carpet under the seats and each seat has a wireless ariel also. You won't know which seat is causing the problem until you get the car onto Diagbox.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Nice one, cheers.

Figured it was something like that.

I take it the sensor under the carpet is to turn the seat warning off if the seat is not in place or folded up, and the sensor in the seat determines if it is occupied and belt on or off?

In my case, different indicator lights light up at random, mostly left rear, right rear a little less often, and the middle one rarely.

If all the under carpet sensors act as an inductive pickup for the wireless modules in the seat directly above it, and run to a common multi plug, that would be a prime suspect.

(I am just thinking aloud here - but that would explain how the system knows what warning LED to light with regards to seat position)

A fault or dodgy contact there would incorrectly show the various seats as occupied, triggering the warning.

I'll be having a proper look as soon as I get a bit of time and the cold snap buggers off.

I will report back, cheers again for the input.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, some day ago I started with the same problem, and from the tests that I made the problem is related to the connection between the seat and the system.

This is easy to tested. When you turn the key to the first position the 3 lights from the back seat must be turn on, if not you will have alarms.

I already change the position of the seats and the problem wasn't solve (same location with the problem).

·
Registered
131 Posts
Update on my seat warning issue:

I reset the BSI (according to instructions posted on another thread) a few months back, but never got round to doing anything about the seat problem.

When the good weather came back, I turned it back on in PP to see what was going on (since it has been a while) with the intent to do a bit of troubleshooting.

Problem has gone away - thats about 3 or 4 weeks now with no issues.

Fingers crossed it stays that way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rear seat belt alarm

I have exact same problem as Spike . Rear seat belt alarm going off randomly whether people in the car seat or not. It appears to affect the left rear seat only. I have taken it to a Peugeot dealer who could find no fault but it keeps happening and drives you mad! Help.:(

·
Registered
522 Posts
I have exact same problem as Spike . Rear seat belt alarm going off randomly whether people in the car seat or not. It appears to affect the left rear seat only. I have taken it to a Peugeot dealer who could find no fault but it keeps happening and drives you mad! Help.:(
The car I'm picking up next week had exactly the same problem when I took it for a test drive. The salesman at the Peugeot dealer noted it on the sales form, along with a wheel wobble over 70, and told me it would be sorted when I pick up the car. Strangely enough the seat belt alarm stopped sounding when the wheel wobble started, may be linked to the vibration ? Pleased to see that if the fault remains I can turn the rear belt warning system off with my new planet ;)

·
Registered
522 Posts
The car I'm picking up next week had exactly the same problem when I took it for a test drive. The salesman at the Peugeot dealer noted it on the sales form, along with a wheel wobble over 70, and told me it would be sorted when I pick up the car. Strangely enough the seat belt alarm stopped sounding when the wheel wobble started, may be linked to the vibration ? Pleased to see that if the fault remains I can turn the rear belt warning system off with my new planet ;)
Dealers just informed me that the seat belt retractor was causing the problem and has been renewed , will wait and see.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had the same problem I removed the sensor bar from under the carpet and found it was covered in condensation. I dried it out for a week on the front room radiator and refitted and haven't had the alarm now for quite a while over 6 months. Just need to find a fix for what causes the condensation. Or a way to stop the condensation from getting to the electronics on the sensor bar!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! Two months ago I bought a used Peugeot 308 S/W (MOD 2010). After the first raining day I had the same problem. It was a false alarm for the rear seatbelts. I removed the seats and some plastics parts and under the carpet I found the sensor that receives the command from the belts clips. I removed the connector and take out the sensor. The sensor had moisture that was the likely cause of the false alarm of the rear belts. I used contact spray on the sensor and the connector and then I assembled again.
Now it’s everything ok!
That’s all from Athens Greece.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone found a definitive answer to this problem? Just picked up a 2009 reg 308sw and rear seat belt alarm has started going off with no one in the seats. All was inevitably fine when we test drove it. Thanks

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Well - from reading the whole thread - there have been two with moisture on the sensor bar and once it was dried out all was fine so that would be the first thing I would be looking at. Failing that getting it diagnosed may help to narrow down the likely cause wether it be a seat belt retractor as was the cause on nickcc's car or something else.

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/introductions-28/brief-faq-guide-new-members-83170/

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/general-discussion-2/how-contact-member-peugeot-planet-diagnostic-28190/

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/off-topic-3/need-20-posts-before-pm-72601/#post459593

·
Registered
4 Posts
Many thanks storeman. Sounds like a fiddly one, I'll investigate and report back!
Looks like a very useful resource here, thanks everyone

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi All
I have the same rear seat belt alarm problem which I thought I had solved by a BSI reset. Then on the way home from Cornwall it started again. Plugged in all the seat belts, turned the radio up hoping the alarm would stop driving me mad. That did not work so stopped in the next lay-by, took out all the rear seats and still the alarm went on and off. Thanks to all the previous postings I now know where the problem is, the receiver unit under the carpet. My fix is to disconnect the unit, I have given the car a test drive, it seams its removal from the circuit has not affect the BSI. Any thoughts from other member? And in case it starts again does anyone know where the sounder is?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts