Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. My 407sw keeps throwing me up the rear screen open message whilst driving,accompanied by the constant beeping! I've read about the micro switch problem and had a look. Can the switch be split after being released for the holder,or do I just cut the 2 wires? Will my screen then never open again or will I just not be able to open it with the button underneath the cover? Many thanks in advance. Didn't wanna cut the wires just incase.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
rear window sw

Mine had trapped wires I tried to repair by soldering in a new piece but was no good every time I washed the car it triggered the switch, so I disconnected it, the switch I mean but it still opens with the fob obviously try to disconnect the switch before you cut wires, but I cannot see the use in having that window to open. Just my opinion. Hope this helps you. 407pete.:thumb:

·
Registered
64 Posts
The button underneath the rear wiper stopped working on mine and at the same time when the rear demister is switched on the radio losses signal so thinking some wire insulation has broken down possibly due to moisture ingress?? The glass still open's on the fob though.
I use it alot as I have small dogs and it stops them jumping out when the back is opened

1 - 4 of 4 Posts