Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was hanging off when the son delivered it to me to get the MOT done. It passed with flying colours(2002 1.4 Hdi)! Two of the bits that keep it attached to the door had snapped off all by themselves apparently!! Any body got a spare or maybe a part number to see if I can locate one?
So during the MOT I told them that the nearside drive shaft inner boot was split and to do that before the MOT-obviously. Now last year I had a lot of work done on the car which included new drive shafts as well as a new clutch. The car has not put a lot of miles on it since then especially as the virus has meant that the son had not used it as much so for a boot to split so soon is not good. Apparently the boots are not guaranteed! Anyway the garage replaced it free. Whilst they did that they drained the gearbox and found it very murky looking as if water was in it. Now when I got the bill for the work last year one of the items I paid for was new gearbox oil! Strange especially as this garage is super honest. I sometimes have to beg them to take money for jobs they do for me. Anyway the owner said no charge for the work and oil. My question is can water get in the box and how?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts