Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, could anyone tell me how I can open my back door, The outer handle does not work and neither does the inner, child lock is off and I have the door card off but still cant open the door manually, is there a way or do I have to destroy the mechanism and buy a new one??:confused:

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Found this for you - might help :confused:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try pushing against the door while lifting the handle then pull it hard. they stick on the 307 because the latches dont alaign properly, if that does not cure it try locking and unlocking the car's central locking repeatedly, while still trying to open the door.

If that does not fix it then you will need to remove the door card/door trim. It sounds like either the mechanisim has failed or the rod which connects the mechanism has came off, this can be a tricky job as normally you would have the door open to remove the door trim. you may not get the trim all the way off you might have to put your hand on the inside of the door and unlock it, try pulling each rod gently, and feel around where the latch is try and free it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bettyswollocks said:
Found this for you - might help :confused:

Try pushing against the door while lifting the handle then pull it hard. they stick on the 307 because the latches dont alaign properly, if that does not cure it try locking and unlocking the car's central locking repeatedly, while still trying to open the door.

If that does not fix it then you will need to remove the door card/door trim. It sounds like either the mechanisim has failed or the rod which connects the mechanism has came off, this can be a tricky job as normally you would have the door open to remove the door trim. you may not get the trim all the way off you might have to put your hand on the inside of the door and unlock it, try pulling each rod gently, and feel around where the latch is try and free it.

done all this but it is the actual mechanism what is broken.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This procedure may fix the lock problem

I have successfully repaired a malfunctioning RHR door lock that had been in a "locked" condition for 5 years. Dust had entered the lock mechanism and caused it to cease functioning. I removed the TWO screws that secure the door card to the door, then I withdrew the door card upwards. I removed the liner. I tapped the lock mechanism with a piece of wood whist a person operated the dashboard central locking switch. The door lock unlocked and I was able to open the door! The unit has ONE long rivet (located approx. in the middle of the unit) holding the two sections together. I drilled off the tail of the rivet to allow its withdrawl. Other locking tabs need to be opened up. I CAREFULLY disassembled the two halves of the unit. I cleaned ALL the components and greased and oiled ALL moving parts. I reassembled the unit and checked for ease of movement of the parts. Then I reconnected the unit's electrics and tested its operation. It worked. I drilled a self tapping screw into the tail of the long rivet to reinstate the rivet in its place. Where possible I wrapped the unit with duct-tape to improve its dust resistance. I reinstalled the unit into the door. Everything now works correctly!!!!
NB. It may have been better to use Graphite Dust as the lubricant - it is a dry lubricant.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I got both back door actuators changed on my old 307 in 2008 by Peugeot for around £200 if memory serves me right. The off side passenger door stuck shut with the child lock on.

I was told that this was quite a common problem, it's a 307 so go figure :lol:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Had this prob a month after i got my 307 but of course it wasnt covered by the warranty. Actuator part was around £50 and labour just under £100.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gemma74 said:
Had this prob a month after i got my 307 but of course it wasnt covered by the warranty. Actuator part was around £50 and labour just under £100.
I managed to get an actuator for £15 got it home fitted it but the central locking part did not work so had to buy a new actuator from pug dealer £72.30,
the job only took about 20 mins to do and 3 days sourcing the new part.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Power door lock button

Hi, the same thing happened to me, door locked for over a week! ha, then I tried the power door lock button on the drivers door and hey presto! it worked>
Good luck, Nick

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine doesnt open from inside but opens from outside. It all started when someone lifted the inner door handle as i pressed the central lock button to open. What might have happened? How do i repair it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts