Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my names Daz, as if you hadn't guessed already and i'm hoping someone can help me.

I've just test drove a 407 Hdi SE on an 04 plate, high miles but decent main dealer service history. Its cheap and i like the car, it drives well.

However on testing all the electrics the passenger rear window opened, rather sluggishly but wouldnt close. Would go up, stick a bit then open again. I tried a few times to close it to no avail and now i've had to slide it up manually but of course it won't stay shut. Go over a bump and it falls down again. It was fine, stayed closed at least, on the test drive.

Any idea's, easy fix/expensive etc etc???

Regards Daz

·
Registered
64 Posts
It id more than likely the window regulator,the cables and moving parts deteriorate with age.
Did the drivers side on mine took about an hour.bought the new reg from gsf motor factors for £49 cos thiers is the bolt on one not the rivet on one and came with instructions. Good video on you tube for the door card removal and more details on this forum. I hadn't done one befor but not too difficult

·
Registered
909 Posts
try some silicone spray first, they could just need lubricating. With window down spray silicone spray into each channel on the sides, then cycle the window. also might be best to remove door cards and lubricate the runners too. IF it works its easier and cheaper than regulator

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a similar problem.
Rear window goes all the way to the top then immediately goes back down about a third of the way.
I have tried every reset procedure I can find on the web.
The main opinion is when it gets to the top, hold it for a couple of more seconds.
Unfortunately, when it gets to the top, it goes back down a third of the way and stays there.
I have silicon greased the channels and the window slides nice and smoothly, but still comes back down once it reaches the top.
Wonder if mine and DazW problems could be related?

·
Registered
909 Posts
i remember reading somewhere that they have to be taught where the top is otherwise they think that they are trapping someone and open to release. Its a safety feature.
Seem to think you do it after a BSI reset

·
Registered
77 Posts
Totally agree. However have tried the BSI reset and it still won't "learn" where the top is.
Looks like the Peugeot s'dealers might be my last resort.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Many thanks for the advice.
I have tried the global closing. All windows closed and stayed closed... except the pesky rear passenger one which then went back down a third of the way.
It still seems as if the current change when the window reaches the top is causing the anti-trap mechanism to engage and make the window go back down.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
The osr reg went on my first 407. Easy enough job, if fiddly. Drill out a few rivets, scrape your knuckles, and stick the new one in. The one I fitted didn't require riveting in.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Reckon it's the same with mine.
Just got car back from dealers after a cambelt change and they kindly looked at the window (tried to reset it).
They reckon £395 to replace the regulator; think I'll live with it for now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
400 notes to fit a 50 quid part, jeez. Found some black rubber hose, wedge that to keep the widow closed for now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
400 notes to fit a 50 quid part, jeez. Found some black rubber hose, wedge that to keep the widow closed for now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts