Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 5008, and the rear parking sensor is stuck on as though their is an object near by - so constant loud beep whilst in reverse.
Had a local (non Peugeot) garage check it out, including all wiring. No error codes, no wiring issues, and suggested they think its the module. Quoted me £214 but said would need Peugeot dealer to fit, because of reprogramming into ECU etc.

According to Peugeot online, rear parking sensors new installation including parts, labour and VAT £359. Peugeot dealer has quoted me £402 quid just do fit a new module, and would need to undergo a £60 diagnostics before hand.

Am I being fed some BS here? They have argued that the Rear Parking sensors fitted as accessories are not the same as the ones already installed.

Any help and advice appreciated.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
The OEM parking sensors which are the ones you have connect up to the car, so you get a nice visual display.

Aftermarket Peugeot Approved sensors come with it's own speaker and lights system, completely separate from the vehicle.

So they are right - It's a different way.

If the parking sensor module has gone wrong, these will be commonly shared across the range, i.e the same one should be available on the 508 / 308, maybe even a generation behind or infront. Because of that, you should be able to find a decent used one for much less and might not even need programming!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts