Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 308 Estate bought in September 2018, I had a new rear bumper fitted after bumping into a pillar in my communal garage!
Since then the rear offside parking sensor has fallen down inside the rear bumper 4 times, and because it sees the inside of the bumper it reports a non-existant obstacle behind the car when reversing.
It was fitted back in place by my local Peugeot Dealer (Pentons of Poole) for free the first time, chargeable the second time (then they refused to do it again!), and by 'ChipsAway' (chargeable) the third time.
My patience is running out now and I need to get it bonded back in place permanently.
Does anyone know of a Company who can replace and bond into place an existing parking sensor (preferably without taking the bumper off to do it)!
I would very much appreciate any advice anyone can give me.

·
Registered
329 Posts
  • Couple of questions...
    Who replaced the bumper the first time it was damaged and was it a totally new bumper or salvaged?
  • Peugeot refused to refit it again, even for money? That surprises me. Did they give a reason why they didn't want the work?
  • Why does it keep falling out? Is it broken clips, excess tension in the cable? Pentons must surely have/be able to tell you?

I can't help you with the name of any specific company to do this, but re-fitting it might not absolutely require complete bumper removal. Just loosening the bumper may provide you the space to retrieve the sensor and refit it.

·
8,923 Posts
I retrofitted parking sensors to my DS3 and used some stick on holders from Alixpress to "upgrade" the existing bumper. So far they have stayed put and fit the sensors well. I cleaned the rear of the bumper with brake cleaner first

Parking Sensor Mounts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
  • Couple of questions...
    Who replaced the bumper the first time it was damaged and was it a totally new bumper or salvaged?
  • Peugeot refused to refit it again, even for money? That surprises me. Did they give a reason why they didn't want the work?
  • Why does it keep falling out? Is it broken clips, excess tension in the cable? Pentons must surely have/be able to tell you?

I can't help you with the name of any specific company to do this, but re-fitting it might not absolutely require complete bumper removal. Just loosening the bumper may provide you the space to retrieve the sensor and refit it.
Thanks for your reply.
The bumper was fitted by a small company in Poole called 'Poole Bodyworks', and they said that it was ordered from Peugeot brand new. The sensor first dropped out a few weeks later, so I can only believe that the sensor clip may have been damaged. I should have gone straight back to them but foolishly did not do so.
Penton Peugeot of Poole refitted it free of charge the first time, charged me £196.20 to refit it the second time, and the third time they said they could not do again and I would have to go elesewhere because they did not have sufficient workshop facilities! (The other nearest dealer is dorchester)!
Pentons said that the clip was broken even though I had asked them to BOND the sensor in place to stop it happening again.
Thanks for your help, but I have now found a company who say that they can come and fix it for me for a modest price. (Let's hope so).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I retrofitted parking sensors to my DS3 and used some stick on holders from Alixpress to "upgrade" the existing bumper. So far they have stayed put and fit the sensors well. I cleaned the rear of the bumper with brake cleaner first

Parking Sensor Mounts
Many thanks for the info which I have noted.
Thanks again. Pete

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thanks for your reply.
The bumper was fitted by a small company in Poole called 'Poole Bodyworks', and they said that it was ordered from Peugeot brand new. The sensor first dropped out a few weeks later, so I can only believe that the sensor clip may have been damaged. I should have gone straight back to them but foolishly did not do so.
Penton Peugeot of Poole refitted it free of charge the first time, charged me £196.20 to refit it the second time, and the third time they said they could not do again and I would have to go elesewhere because they did not have sufficient workshop facilities! (The other nearest dealer is dorchester)!
Pentons said that the clip was broken even though I had asked them to BOND the sensor in place to stop it happening again.
Thanks for your help, but I have now found a company who say that they can come and fix it for me for a modest price. (Let's hope so).
I'm glad you've found someone who can sort it, even if it'll cost you some cash. I have many fond memories of 7 years living in Bournemouth/Poole for uni and other stuff. I never needed to do much with my cars at the time though...

When the person you found comes to repair the sensor, I would highly advise that you hang around, watch, take photos etc and inspect everything as you might find its something you could tackle yourself, god-forbid it should happen again!

Truly amazed that the dealership didn't want the work, they're normal the first to spot a repetitive that they can make money on, time and again!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm glad you've found someone who can sort it, even if it'll cost you some cash. I have many fond memories of 7 years living in Bournemouth/Poole for uni and other stuff. I never needed to do much with my cars at the time though...

When the person you found comes to repair the sensor, I would highly advise that you hang around, watch, take photos etc and inspect everything as you might find its something you could tackle yourself, god-forbid it should happen again!

Truly amazed that the dealership didn't want the work, they're normal the first to spot a repetitive that they can make money on, time and again!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Many thanks again Ollie
Much appreciated
Pete

1 - 7 of 7 Posts