Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sorry if this has already been covered but I have searched the forums with no joy. :confused:

The mother in law has a 2006 307cc. The rear parking sensors do not seem to work, no beeps, no volume at all. It has been backed up to within a couple of inch of a wall and nothing. The car was bought as a finance repo so there we do not have the handbooks etc.

I am wondering (and hoping) that it is just a case of someone has turned the volume down. Is this even possible? If not does anyone have any advice on where to start

thanks in advance

·
Registered
821 Posts
Does it have factory installed radio or 3rd party? Maybe something wasnt wired up properly. Did you check pdc ecu, maybe its not even there. :) Any faults?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have planet but only for a few days so I am not very confident with it. What do I need to check?

·
Registered
488 Posts
I have planet but only for a few days so I am not very confident with it. What do I need to check?
Start up planet...plug in to the diagnostic port..turn on ignition..select pp2000..ecu configuration...global test..this will go tru all the ecus..if your parking sensor ecu is grayed out then there is no coms with it....if so then f1 (backup) and select test by ecu and select your parking ecu that way..you will have to input your engine etc to get in...if you can get in then read faults and report back here...in parameter measurments you should be able to check what distance each sensor is reading.
A good way to check a faulty parking sensor is to place the tip of your finger over each sensor and you should feel a slight thingling feeling from the sensor...if not then that sensor could be faulty or there is a wiring problem with that sensor....Best of luck.
Ron.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the info, I will try tomorrow

Start up planet...plug in to the diagnostic port..turn on ignition..select pp2000..ecu configuration...global test..this will go tru all the ecus..if your parking sensor ecu is grayed out then there is no coms with it....if so then f1 (backup) and select test by ecu and select your parking ecu that way..you will have to input your engine etc to get in...if you can get in then read faults and report back here...in parameter measurments you should be able to check what distance each sensor is reading.
A good way to check a faulty parking sensor is to place the tip of your finger over each sensor and you should feel a slight thingling feeling from the sensor...if not then that sensor could be faulty or there is a wiring problem with that sensor....Best of luck.
Ron.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Not taking the piss here but it does have parking sensors doesn't it?

I thought mine had them when I bought it but they are very clever sensor looking blanks! Stick your hand up the back of the bumper trim that mounts them , no wiring = no sensors.

They are a factory option and not all of them have them fitted.

I fitted the ones off ebay which are now less than £15 delivered , spot on :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts