Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I've been told i have to take my car to peugeot as they are the only ones who can change the rear pads as they are low, or can i do it myself,,,:thumb:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hi guys,

I've found it in forum site search, basically the same as normal callipers just wind them back..:D

·
Registered
542 Posts
Have mine being done this week at 40k miles
Ended up getting my rear pads and disks done. Which is a bit weird I think as its a FWD car, the front pads/disks are still good. The rears had a lot of corrosion and scoring on disks. I don't live or visit seaside so bit confused why they went so bad.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
My guess is the front disks are made from a more hard wearing grade of steel. My experience is the rear disks / pads wear a lot quicker than the fronts even though the fronts give the majority of the braking force.

·
Registered
542 Posts
My guess is the front disks are made from a more hard wearing grade of steel. My experience is the rear disks / pads wear a lot quicker than the fronts even though the fronts give the majority of the braking force.
I can only think that the EBD must be applying more force to front instead of rear. The disks are bigger on the front so probably better for heat dissipation too. (I've noticed Auto's tend to have even bigger).

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
I can only think that the EBD must be applying more force to front instead of rear. The disks are bigger on the front so probably better for heat dissipation too. (I've noticed Auto's tend to have even bigger).
I believe that it is usually 60% of the brake force is distributed to the front with 40% to the rear. The ABS and other braking system wizardry take care of the rest to keep the car stable.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
The problem is the rears just don't get enough work to clean the rust off. A disc is overkill really on back brakes.

Autos will have better front brakes as you don't get engine braking very much with an auto.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts