Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , i sold my 407 saloon and bought a V6 petrol coupe which is a lovely car and after a couple of months use there are a couple of issues needing sorted , the passenger side rear lens has condensated and has water in the inside , it is unsightly and short of getting another unit does anyone know if its a common issue and is there an easy fix? also does anyone know if the gear selector is backlit as mine isnt and as its dark o clock now its a pain having to look at the dash to see which gear i am in , lastly whats the belt change cut off point as mine is 8 years old and has 90k , cheers all , great site !!:thumb:

·
Registered
230 Posts
I remember on my old C70 the back lense misted up, which was a sealed unit where it had.

I took it out and drilled a tiny hole in the bottom and then replaced. Over the next few days it slowly drained and cleared.

Cheaper way that worked for me then on that particular car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cured

Take off the rear lights, check and clean the soft gasket. If its badly creased or damaged, replace.
I took the rear light unit off and the rear lens has split from the light unit in three places so its trashed , i will get one off fleabay as soon as reasonably priced one tirns up , in the meantime i have dried it out and drilled a couple of tiny holes in the corner allowing water to drain out , it has buckled too much to seal ,pity but thems the breaks :thumb:thanks for all the help

·
5,028 Posts
Think lazy dave had a pair for sale

·
5,028 Posts
Oops didn't realise it was for coupe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts