Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
307SW

Hello, apologies if this is a common fault and dealt with elsewhere.
Rear offside light has failed. Bulb is OK as it flashes on locking.

Also, manual says to get dealer to change headlight bulb as danger of electrocution. Can I take steps to protect myself?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Which rear offsite light?
I assume you mean the indicator light if it flashes when locking?
Headlight bulbs are 12V (no chance of electrocution), unless you have HiD lights which take a pulse of around 23kV to start them then 12V to sustain them.
Don't you think the manufacturers recommend in their manuals to go to the dealer for everything they can?

·
Registered
599 Posts
307SW

Hello, apologies if this is a common fault and dealt with elsewhere.
Rear offside light has failed. Bulb is OK as it flashes on locking.

Also, manual says to get dealer to change headlight bulb as danger of electrocution. Can I take steps to protect myself?

Thanks in advance.
With all current, there's danger of electrocution. How serious that electrocution is, depends on the situation. You can grab a 9V batter and stick it to your tongue. You'll electrocute your tongue, but nothing much more serious will happen.

On topic, you refer that your taillight as failed. There at least 4 bulbs on each tail light. As with davetech, i'll assume you mean turn light.

When you move the stalk, all lights flash (front inside headlight and side near wheel) but not the rear one?

Which rear offsite light?
I assume you mean the indicator light if it flashes when locking?
Headlight bulbs are 12V (no chance of electrocution), unless you have HiD lights which take a pulse of around 23kV to start them then 12V to sustain them.
Don't you think the manufacturers recommend in their manuals to go to the dealer for everything they can?
Easy now, the manual probably says to seek help if unsure of what to do...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whoops, I should have paid more attention. It's not the indicator just the main rear light. It's throwing me cos I replaced the bulb and got pulled up cos it's failed again. Checking the bulb I took out and filament looks intact. Next step, check the new bulb when I get home.

It's just a standard bulb for the dipped headlight. Seemed totally innocuous but the manual gave me a fright. My missus wouldn't forgive me if I fried meself.

Thanks so much for your advice.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Whoops, I should have paid more attention. It's not the indicator just the main rear light. It's throwing me cos I replaced the bulb and got pulled up cos it's failed again. Checking the bulb I took out and filament looks intact. Next step, check the new bulb when I get home.

It's just a standard bulb for the dipped headlight. Seemed totally innocuous but the manual gave me a fright. My missus wouldn't forgive me if I fried meself.

Thanks so much for your advice.
It's quite difficult to fry yourself on 12V :) Frying something else on the car is easy though...

You should stop messing with your wording. You mix taillight and headlight and dipped.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
i am confused

you say it works when locking? so your car brings on the rear side light when locking? very strange if it does

what light is not working:
rear side light (red light that comes on when you put side lights or dipped beam on)
rear indicator
brake light
front side light
front dipped beam
front full beam

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks everyone

Thanks everyone, all sorted. Rear light and dipped headlight. Sorry for being so scatty, I just tried to post quickly while I had a load of other things going on. Thanks again for taking the time to help.

Kev

1 - 8 of 8 Posts