Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi newbie here, peugeot 308 1.6 petrol has suffered the dreaded rear light cluster problem passenger side. I have cut the original connector off and bought a replacement off an old 206 model. The problem I have is the five wires in the new connector differ from the five wires from the loom. Would anybody be able to advise? Cheers

·
Registered
33 Posts
rear light cluster

Hi ,
making sure you have both plugs the same way as they fit to the lamp, just join the wires from left to right, i.e 1st wire on left in new plug to 1st wire on left in old plug. then work your way across to the right wire by wire ( remember the wire colours may not be the same on the two plugs) take photo of the original plug so you have a record of it if needed later. also check and clean up the terminals on the lamp socket incase they are oxidised/discoloured.:thumb:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for reply Mick, the new connector has wire colour sequence of left to right red, white, green and white, pink and brown old connector sequence was blue, purple, yellow, yellow and green and yellow so no issue in connecting red to blue white to purple etc??

·
Registered
33 Posts
rear light cluster

Hi,
nope no problem with differing wire colours.. Just keep to the order of the plug wiring i.e left to right also when cutting off the old plug, leave a tail of wires ,so you can tell where what colour wire goes where if you need to in the future.probably 1 to 2cm.:thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts