Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a pair of cheapo LED bulbs from China as an experiment, to see whether there'd be a CANBUS error displayed, or rapid flashing due to the lower resistance of the bulbs.

Much to my surprise they work perfectly, are brighter than the OEM bulbs, and are a nice orange rather than the yellow that many "amber" LEDs have. Can't complain for £2.20 a pair including shipping, although I have no idea about their longevity.

I've already ordered bulbs that are several times more expensive but these certainly surpassed my expectations.

Unfortunately, despite putting a cloth in the wing cavity, I dropped the Allen key I was using as a Tommy bar on my box spanner - it still managed to slip down to the depths if the rear wing. Now I have to work out how to remove the boot side panel to fish it out again. Bah!

For anyone interested I got these cheap LEDs from:

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/MKtWrS18n

I'm tempted to get some white ones to try out as reversing lights, too.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Couldn't you try to fish the allen key out with a telescopic type magnetic tool or similar?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought of that, and pointed my camera down into the chasm to see if I could spot roughly where to aim - but there's no sign of the blighter. It's still worth fishing with the magnet I guess, and it may be better to leave the Allen key down there than risk breaking connectors on the boot panel!

Still pleased with the ridiculously cheap LEDs though...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had the same bulbs. For a while everything was ok but after 4 minutes of blinking error appeared. Observe them carefully. I gave up after few attempts..

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Interesting that I followed a brand new Peugeot 2008 GT Line today and I noticed that the rear indicators were both LED. I'm interested to check Servicebox to confirm this.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Part of the entire rear lamp assembly rather than a plug-in bulb, I'll bet. But please let us know what you find! (y)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Several months later, my £2.20-a-pair LED bulbs are still functioning just fine.

Yes, I'm as astonished as you are! o_O

1 - 10 of 10 Posts