Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new to the forum. Just wondering if someone can provide the rear lamp earth mod. I've searched the forum and found mentions of it but nothing actually detailing how to do it. Tried joining the 407owners forum but can't get it to recognise the verification code that it gives you.

Thanks for any help.

·
5,040 Posts
what code for 407owners ????
anyway post your email and i'll send you it

·
5,040 Posts
you should have mail :thumb:

·
5,040 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Steps for earth cable mod for a 407

check this out , for my case there was nothing wrong with the earth cable so i am still working on it to find a solution . cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Firstly, I would like to give a massive thankyou to kirisute and whoever made the guide that was posted, fixed my earth problem perfectly.

Secondly, I would like to add a note that if anyone is doing this on an estate (as I did), you'll want to make the cable a little longer than the prescribed 240mm between crimps, and you'll have to be a little more creative with where you drill the hole to add the new earth. I followed the guide perfectly, and my cable was only just long enough to reach the original earth point on the body.

Apart from that, fantastic guide, and thanks again! :D

·
Registered
298 Posts
cant take credit for the guide...I just keep it hosted on my dropbox! LOL

good that you've got5 it sorted though...
I dropped my 407 last year...had a bit of a mid life crisis and bought an 2l 206cc! LOL

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ah well, fair enough, if you like it, thats the main thing! ;) :lol:

Never been a massive fan of the 206cc, but I imagine with the 2.0 engine it's probably fairly pokey?

·
Registered
298 Posts
pokey aint the word! LOL
compared to the lumbering 407 2l I got rid of, its like a rocket ship! LOL

actually having a lot of fun with it. 05 plate with 43k on the clock!
like I say, bit of a mid life crisis, but you know what? its puts a smile on my face when I'm thrashing it around Norfolks country roads with the top down and Kid Rock banging out at full volume..and for me right now that's priceless! :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
I quite agree, that's what it's all about at the end of the day. :thumb:

Coming from a 2.0 8v HDi 306 estate to the 2.0 16v HDi 407 SW, I've noticed quite a difference too, and the 407 has been putting a smile on my face every time I stick it into a corner! Plus I can get my work gear in the boot, and the family in as well. Win-win. :)

·
Registered
298 Posts
the suspension on the 407 did make it an awesome drive.
sadly the engine just didn't seem to have enough poke to really pull it along like it needed.
least not in the 2l petrol. just not enough grunt to really get it flying. I believe the coupe changed that a little.

its virtually the same engine in the 2l CC though..and with the weight and size difference of the car its a completely different story! LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts