Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'16 5008
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, apologies if this has already been answered somewhere else.

The rear reading lights of my '16 plate 5008 have now both stopped working.

I've removed the units (without completely breaking the outer fitting which holds onto the roof lining), and have found that they're very singed.
Perhaps this is normal, but I just wanted to be sure?

IMG_20201228_141728.jpg

Also, can I replace the bulbs (what are they?), or must I replace the whole unit?

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Those burn marks look pretty bad. They look similar to the courtesy lights in my Peugeots, but I've never seen them this singed.

The bulbs are T10 (5W). You can find heaps of T10 LED in many colours, go for a warm white if you want them to match the warmth of your halogen bulbs in the rest of the car.

LEDs shouldn't create as much heat as the standard bulbs, but be aware of which T10 LED bulbs you order, some may be too wide and then they won't fit. (crap like these won't fit: 2X T10 T15 WEDGE W5W STOP TAIL PARK SIDE 2835 LED LIGHT BULB CANBUS ERROR FREE | eBay )

Reactions: jezmck

·
7,854 Posts
They are not cheap but the best bulbs I have found are Philips X-tremeVision LED W5W T10. They are 6000K so a blue white I used them for the puddle lights on my DS they work well and matched the OEM LED read reading/map lights

·
Registered
'16 5008
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you BD and windy.
They were on a lot, for the children, so perhaps that explains the amount of singeing.

I'll have a look at LED replacements, but have found that I can't put the existing bulbs back in (they just fall out), am hoping my units* aren't broken.

*- fittings? not sure what to call them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
They don't seem broken from what I can tell in the picture, but perhaps a plastic lip or such has snapped of on the car side of things? Maybe try bending the metal clips out a bit to see if that will hold them in place?

·
7,854 Posts
You maybe able to squeeze the pins in the bulb holder back together so it grips the bulbs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts