Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
11,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I've been working on the car I've noticed another problem - the rear fog light (offside, since it only has the one, the nearside is the reverse light) isn't functioning.

All other bulbs in the cluster work fine.

Fuse is OK.

Bulb is OK.

Front fogs working fine.

Tried another bulb "tray".

Light on dash indicates when rear fog light is on.

Is there a relay somewhere for it? The Haynes wiring diagram refers to one but I can't see anything in the fuse boxes.

·
Registered
263 Posts
There will be a relay somewhere as the headlights need to be on for it to work, so will take a signal feed from headlights to hold the relay closed.
Where it is................ somewhere on the car is my best guess! Logical place would be somewhere under the dash, but being french, try looking in the most illogical place first and that's where it'll be.

·
Registered
89 Posts
If it's got a towbar, check that nobody butchered the wiring behind the light cluster to wire in the electrics (like they did on mine).

No relay in the fusebox? Last time I took off that panel beside the steering wheel to get at the diagnostic socket I vaguely remember seeing relays in there too, although I might be imagining things...

·
11,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope, no towbar. I'll have a poke under the driver's side to see if there's anything there, they were on the 306 (although wasn't the fuse box?). The Haynes manual is pretty poor for stuff like this.

·
11,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Took it down to an auto electrician mate this morning, it keeps blowing the fuse for some reason, so it needs a bit of tracing.

He also took a look at the issue with the cooling fan not shutting off. It's done it three times now. First time disconnecting the battery for ten minutes fixed it. Second time it had to be left overnight. Third time wouldn't go off no matter how long the battery was off so I had to unplug the fan.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Iv got exactly the same problem but with my front fog lights. i turn the stalk, the light comes on, on the dash, yet the lights do not turn on. i turn it once more and i can hear the relay click roughly where the passenger fusebox is and the rear lights turn on.
iv got pp2000 and checked in ther and it sais its activated, and can even tell when the switch is activated, so i can only assume that the relay is not working.

can someone tell me if the front relay is in the same place as the rear fog relay, as thats where i assume it will be, and also if possble the exact location so i know what im looking for.

many thanks

Chris.

·
11,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I never updated this thread. We manually ran a wire from the fuse box to the fog lights to sort it.

The fan issue was dirt on the relays. The plastic of the slam panel was lifted and the relay contacts and plugs all cleaned up.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Isn't the relay for the rear fog at the back of the car, inside the RH boot trim. I seem to remember plugging in part of a loom when I fitted a tow bar; for ease I used a genuine loom for ease. It seemed to make sense at the time as there was an additional wire coming from a switch on the tow bar socket that when hooked up, disabled the rear reversing and fog light

1 - 11 of 11 Posts