Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Looking for a bit of help.
The lower rear engine mount/stabiliser has been siliconed up on my car, causing a big vibration throughout the whole car. Really annoying!
My question is... Would the rear mount off any 2ltr diesel fit my car? I'm in need of the whole aluminium unit as that is apparently easier to change, rather than compressing the other and posting around with the drive shaft??

I have the 2ltr diesel 136 06 plate.

I'm totally stuck with this now and in major need of help :(

Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yeah I've already read that topic :)
It mentions vibrating once it has been changed, which is what I already have due to the rubber mount not being able to move enough.

It'll also prove very difficult to get that mount out now its been siliconed.
I've managed to find the whole aluminium stabiliser from a car which is being scrapped, but I don't know if the stabiliser off any 2ltr model will fit? How would I find out?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Hi guys,

Looking for a bit of help.
The lower rear engine mount/stabiliser has been siliconed up on my car, causing a big vibration throughout the whole car. Really annoying!
My question is... Would the rear mount off any 2ltr diesel fit my car? I'm in need of the whole aluminium unit as that is apparently easier to change, rather than compressing the other and posting around with the drive shaft??

I have the 2ltr diesel 136 06 plate.

I'm totally stuck with this now and in major need of help :(

Thanks in advance

What a mess ! That's some sealing job. :nono:

·
Registered
14,645 Posts
Any mount of the same car with same engine type will fit BUT you need to remove the driveshaft to remove the mount casting so if you need to remove it just take it to someone with a press and get them to remove and refit the bush

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
So in theory if I get one from the 2ltr diesel 90, it should fit my 136?
I've been told it would be easier getting the whole unit with a decent mount in there, so it would be a straight swap

1 - 7 of 7 Posts